Pages

10 Oct 2007

Beautiful Blooms and Happy Anniversary!!

Oh yeah....hubby told me this morning that we were going to an anniversary supper tonight. Our friends, that we go travelling in the summer with, have been married 21 years (now that is something to celebrate!) so their son is cooking for them and they get to invite 3 couples. So naturally, that would be our wine group - even though we just got together on Friday night here for pasta night and wine - it is always fun when we get together!!


Well, I had to make a card, so out came the Papertrey Ink set, Beautiful Blooms. This set is gorgeous, and I have had it for a couple of weeks (I got Beautiful Blooms, Faux Ribbon and Borders and Corners-square, plus paper plus see through boxes for cards !!--lots and lots to play with!!)


I just am a little intimidated by it, because I couldn't see myself just stamping flowers all over paper willy-nilly (yes, that is a word LOL!) So, what I did was, I started stamping flowers all over the paper just like I didn't think I would! and it actually turned out pretty good!


This set is gorgeous!

I stamped in various colors, and then took my faux ribbon set and made a little trail for the fly/bee (it is a bee today - LOL)

I colored the bee with my tombows and then added acrylic on top and I popped it up with popdots. I backed it on blue, pink and green cardstock. That sounds so plain but I don't know the real names (maybe cloudly sky blue, rarely rose and olive oil green!!) It still looked a little plain so I took my chalks and went over all the flowers and leaves and purposefully colored over the lines - that was FUN!!

I punched out a scalloped circle with the giga punch and topped it with a circle that I had stamped with a scroll stamp. Then I just made up the words "here's the BUZZZ" and stamped it on the circle. Inside the card it says "Happy Anniversary" stamped with "My Favorite Things"- Sassy sayings set of stamps and I know they will like it!!

Well, off to get ready and go for supper and wine!! LUCKY ME!!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous09:58

    Awww, I like the "Here's the BUZZZ" What a pretty card- you're sooooo talented!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!