Pages

1 Nov 2007

Criss Cross, Applesauce....

That is an old rhyme that Marcie says to her little guy, Jake who, by the way, was the cutest little chicken ever for Hallowe'en!! Just look at that little guy!!


It goes something like this:

(to be done with actions on their back, while sitting behind the "victim" --LOL!!)

criss cross,
applesauce,
spiders crawling up your back

cool breeze,

tight squeeze....

and that is all I know because when she does it to Jake, he squeals so loud that I can never hear the next lines!

It is sooo funny and of course soooo cute!
I mean he IS my grandson!!


I did a Christmas criss-cross card for this bazaar we are having at our church. The tutorial for this card is so easy, although I found it time consuming!! Catch it on Splitcoast Stampers!

I made it using Christmas paper that I dug out from my paper stash (you know the one where you have all the patterned paper that you never use and then one day you decide to look through it and --lo and behold!! -tons of paper that you LOVE!! ROFL!!



So, because of that, I am not sure what paper it is. But I like it....

I sandpapered the edges because the paper is a kind of antiquey paper - yellowy whites etc.

This is so lame, but I can't tell you one thing about this card other than the stamps I used.


Merry Christmas is from Inkadinkadoo and the swirl is from Technique Tuesday.

Ribbon was old ribbon leftover from another project.
Flowers were punched out of cardstock with my punches and attached with a couple of brads!

Oh yes, of course!

I used my Stamping Up tab punch , I love that thing!!

One piece of advice, which I have heard over and over again but of course I thought I could get away with it.

I really thought that all of the glue I used to hold down the ribbon would take the folds out of the ribbon but.....you can see......I was wrong.

Iron your ribbon people!!

So, I guess this one will just be a prototype and the next time I am going to iron my ribbon.....oooooo...........

LUCKY ME!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous03:53

    i think the next line is "now you've got the shiver-ies"

    cute story

    Wonderful blog :)

    thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!