Pages

30 Dec 2007

My Punny Valentine.....and more....

This week's featured stamper is Danielle (aka) dlounds.

You can find the Featured Stamper Challenge here and the picture that I cased is here.


The idea is to go to the featured stamper's gallery and pick a card to case and with Danielle's gallery it was so hard because she has so many beautiful cards to choose from!


I was able to use the "My Punny Valentine" stamp set from Papertrey Ink because they were in the mail on Friday.....woohoo!!


I ordered that one and Limitedless Labels (more nuggets to eat hey hey!!)
and Year-Round Puns. Year-Round Puns was just an extra little set that was offered for $5 and it compliments the other two sets fantastically!

This little squirrel turned out rather squirrely!! LOL!

I stamped him in Sahara Sand Versa Chalk Ink and tried to roll him around in Adirondack Espresso which is a darker brown and of course it messed up.


So then instead of just biting the bullet, cleaning off the stamp and starting all over, I tried to swirl it around to look like fur! ya right....what a dork I am!

Anyway, I didn't want to change it so there it is in its full force ugh!!

I adhered him on some brown cardstock that was cut out with the scalloped circle nestabilities and then I stamped the teeny weeny little heart around the scallops in Versamark and embossed them in gold embossing powder.

The patterned paper is from Basic Grey and it is called Scarlet's Letter. I am STILL so hung up on Basic Grey it is to the point of being pitiful!! But for heaven's sake they have the most beautiful paper!! And those little 6 x 6 packs make it too easy just to use it all the time!!

I added some brads and ribbon and done!!

Don't you love him.....he is giving you a nut....too cute!! Nichole has done it again!!


Did you know that Basic Grey is coming out with a new line?

It is called "Two Scoops" and it is swirls and pinks and turquoise's (plural?) and dots and plaids and OH MY! I am hyperventilating!!
LOL!

No doubt, I'll be pushing people out of the way just to get some!

That reminds me of the story my mom told me about trying to buy Cabbage Patch dolls for my kids one Christmas when they were just wee tots......


She had to stand in line for hours (her words, not mine) and then when the store clerks wheeled out the Cabbage Patch dolls, my mom had to claw her way from the back of the line all the way to the front and fight at crazy women (just like her I bet!) just to get 3 dolls - now this was 20 years ago, but no doubt my mom could and would still do it!!

And by the way.......my mom is a minister! I think she might have had to say an extra prayer for herself that night!! ROFL!!


I have the best mom in the world- and I would fight you for that! Like mother - like daughter!!

LUCKY ME!

10 comments:

  1. Hi Bonnie,

    Awww. . .such a cute Valentines card! It's very original. Love that squirrel!

    Your SBS2 sis,
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! Great color choice, dp, and ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am in love with Basic Grey too! I will be one of those people you are pushing out of the way...LOL! Love this adorable card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE your squirrelly squirrel (and I too am nutty for BasicGrey.) Is there any other paper? lol. :0) Mel

    P.S. Hope you have the most amazing New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous11:08

    I love the little squirrel!!! Cute card!


    Just stopping by to wish you a happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hiya! Just dropping by to say Happy New Year!!

    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh My, Cabbbage Patch Dolls, my SIL got my daughter one back then, LOL. I would never fight the crowds, I just hate pain to much, LOL.

    The squirrel is really adorable and came out very nice from what I can see. The first thing I thought of when I saw your card is the flock stuff. I have never used it before, but am planning on it soon. Maybe I will get this set and try it. I really like the papertrey stamps also, even though they are the clear ones.

    Have a great new years day :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very Cute! I don't think he is too "squirrely" at all.

    Have a wonderful 2008!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous20:33

    So that was YOUR mom that was pushing past me!! LOL! I was there for a Cabbage Patch doll for my daughter too. She still has it too!! Thanks for sharing and letting me know there was another mother(well there were several) out there and telling the story to this day. Now how about trying to get a Wii so we camped outside ToysRUs all night!! LOL! Barb

    ReplyDelete
  10. So cute! I got this set and the little sentiment set too, but haven't tried them out yet. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!