Pages

18 Dec 2007

Today's Color Combo Challenge.....


Today's Color Combination Challenge was So Saffron, Wild Wasabi and Elegant Eggplant. I'm not a Stamping Up person, but I am beginning to recognize what the names of the colors are. I don't have the proper shades but I guessed at them and I think I got it pretty close.


I 'm not sure I would ever use these particular colors in a Christmas Card but hey! I'm not the challenge lady person and this is the CHALLENGE - figure out how to use these colors!!


The background is Prism Metallic Cardstock - "Fit for a Queen" -very appropriate!! It is so pretty because it has a real sheen to it. I don't know if you can really see it too well in the photo....


The image is from Wordsworth or Rubber Soul. They are both from the same company so one could argue that it is Wordsworth or one could argue that it is Rubber Soul. Both would be right!! LOL!


I colored them with copics and doodled around the edges like I have been doing lately. I did that awhile ago and then quit, but I quite like the appearance of it!



The Artful Stamper makes the "white perfect puff" that I used to trim the little lady's dress and hat.


I finished it off with some ribbon and Prima flowers called "got flowers' and "mini me" and a brad.


Well, we started our Christmas celebrations tonight at my mom's. It was the first one. We have another on Sunday, one on Monday and a big one that I am hosting on Tuesday.....then I hope it is over.

What a way to enjoy Christmas. I think I am a bit of a "bah humbugger" this year! LOL! sorry about that! It slipped out......


For our Christmas on Christmas day, we are having lasagna!! I don't want the messiness of a turkey and when we have so many Christmas' beforehand, surely we will have turkey somewhere (I hope) I just don't want the turkey to be at my place!!


My mom even had meatloaf tonight!!


They have been in Florida for November and she said they bar-b-qued down there all the time and didn't have any comfort foods so had to come home and make meat loaf to feel comforted!! I kept thinking that I could maybe have felt comforted down in Florida instead of up here in Southern Ontario where we have 6 -8 inches of snow and it is bloody cold!!


Wouldn't that be funny if no one had turkey and then I would be stuck with no turkey during Christmas season.......oh my.....that would serve me right!!


Off to wrap more gifts!!


LUCKY ME!

3 comments:

  1. You crack me up! Yes, that would be funny if no one made turkey. I believe we are doing Ham this year. Lasagna sounds nice too.

    I love the stamps you used...and I agree about the color combo..I could not find so saffron,,so I might have to sit this one out.

    Happy feasting...I love the idea of going to different houses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL...Surely someone will have turkey! I love this card. The colors are magnificient together. I'm not much of a stampin up person myself but hanging at SCS might turn you into one. :)

    Mele Kalikimaka from a sistah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card, I love these images, sorry about the weather, it is nice and warm here in South Florida

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!