Pages

11 Feb 2008

A New Technique

Unbelievably I joined in the Technique Lovers Challenge today on Splitcoast Stampers!!

Now, I am NOT one to try new things but I think I should try to go out of the box (cripe-I altered something didn't I?!!)


It was sooo easy, messy and FUN!!


The idea was to use glossy paper and reinkers, and you pronounce that re-inkers. I am telling you this because, stupidly, I was involved in a challenge a few months ago used reinkers, and I was so frustrated because I didn't have a clue as to what "rain-kers" were, that I didn't do that challenge!

That's okay, I used to call the Cricut (cricket), the "cry-cut" and I just discovered that the Copic Ciao (chow) markers are not called See-A-Oh!!

And, honestly, I won spelling bees in school!! Why can't things be spelled the way they sound!!?


Anywho.....I used Tim Holtz alcohol inks, rust and stonewashed, and glossy photo paper for the challenge. You just sprinkle two different coloured inks on the a piece of paper and squish it with another piece. Take it apart and you have two backgrounds!!

I really think it turned out quite pretty!! I had the image from Stamping Up's from an image swap with my Blogging Sisters and I had coloured it in earlier, so this matched perfectly!!

I stamped the sentiment from Papertrey Ink's "Out on a Limb" stamp set and tore it off. Then I just clipped it on with a swirl clip that I had in stock!

I added some offray ribbon, Fancy Pants Stick pin and a flower cut out of my Spellbinders flower die to finish it off!

It is -17 degrees here today.......freakin' cold!!!!

So, I think, the best thing for me to do is retreat to my stamp room and stamp!! Or do laundry, vaccuum, do the dishes, make the beds and ALL THAT JAZZ!

LUCKY ME!!

2 comments:

Thank you for your comments!