Pages

29 Feb 2008

Paint This Challenge!

Today's Limited Supply Challenge was to use the following:

Stamps:

one flower stamp (sentiment optional)
No designer paper
No Cuttlebug
No background stamps
Any embellishments
No Rub-ons ... except for sentiments


I may have stretched it a little by using the leaf stamp but I forgot until it was too late!

On Heather Nichols blog, Pine is Here, she had a post about making old things new again.....She had brought out her Twinkling H2O paints and an old stamp set and made a beautiful creation. Check it out here!!

So, since I do not usually try NEW things, I decided to try an OLD thing....

I dusted off my Stargazer watercolors, a set of sparkly, twinkly paints that cost me $31.25 (the price is still on it!) and proceeded to wet them up.

I also used Papertrey Ink's Beautiful Blooms but I selected a different flower.

The colours I used were meteor copper for the flower, nebula green for the leaves and anteres orange for the middle of the flower.

Okay, I don't know about you but I really wonder if those are real words or not.....I guess meteor is......I had to write them down because I would NEVER remember them when I went to post!!

I stamped them on photo paper so I would get a REALLY good shine, and you can see by the photo that, oh yeh, I got shine!!

When I had it all stamped, I trimmed it down so I could get the look I wanted. Then I layered it on some DCWV mat stack paper, tied an Offray ribbon around it and stamped my sentiment.

The sentiment is also a Papertrey Ink stamp from the Faux Ribbon stamp set.


So hopefully this will help someone get well soon!!

1 comment:

  1. This is a great card. Simple and beautiful! I'm sure it will make someone feel better!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!