Pages

16 May 2008

Ways to use INCHIES!!


ETA: I was out on the golf course today and suddenly I had a thought - "I didn't colour those inchies with copics - I watercoloured them!" I had a good game too, by the way - even with all that thinking!!

I bought a box of inchies from Ellen Hutson's store a while back and have been wanting to use them.


Ellen has a challenge on the Inchie INKling blog to create a food themed inchie and as luck would have it Splitcoast Stampers challenge yesterday was to use inchies!!


I have a few of the itty bitty Lockhart stamps so I decided on the itty bitty teapot and the itty bitty cupcake (herein refered to as IB).


I stamped my IB on the inchie square and coloured each one with copics.



Then I stamped the teapot on a post-it note making sure that I stamped it at the top of the note so that the sticky part would be on the back of the image when I cut it out.



After I cut the teapot out, I stuck it on top of the inchie and inked up my Pretty Patterned backgrounder with Papertrey Ink's Sweet Blush Ink. I pressed the inchie on top of the backgrounder, carefully lifted it off and peeled off the mask.



I did that with Aquamist, Lemon Tart and Spring Moss ink also.



When I did the cupcake - and for some un-godly reason- I did not make a mask and just stamped the Lemon Tart ink on the inchie without the mask. While I was doing this I suddenly thought - CRAP!! I didn't make a mask for this!!! Anyway, it turned out okay, so I was saved!!



I covered the teapot and cupcake with glaze and glued the inchies on my card base of a piece of designer paper from Memory Box.



The sentiment is from Kim Hughes stamp set Silhouette Blooms II from Cornish Heritage Farms.

Off to golf again today!! YAY!!

13 comments:

  1. Very nice card for the challenge. I like the inchies...they look like kitchen tiles....love the little coffee pot. Great card. Joan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that is such a cute card!! I've never tried inchies before....they sure are adorable!! And those colors are fantastic!! Have fun golfing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I should do this too...I have these things and I don't know why! But I could always use them as an embellishment...

    Your card came out really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am making myself a challenge list for this weekend. I want to make ten cards and may just give inchies after such a cute example of follow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card. I like the inchies but I haven't tried them yet. You did a great job with these. Have fun golfing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute, I love all the detail you put into these!
    LeAnne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your inches! You are so funny! Take care! Love your blog! Deb

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just so darn pretty, Bonnie! I love the little coffee pot and the paper! Yummo! I haven't tried the inchies yet, but I just may give it a go this weekend. Thanks for the inspiration.
    Glad you got to get out and strut your stuff on the golf course! I'm so jealous! It's been ages since I even hit a golf ball!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow those are so pretty. Great job

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous13:47

    Wonderful! These are so cute and I love the bg!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is sooooooooooo cute! Love all your details BOnnie! Have a wonderful long weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ouuuu! Your colouring is heavenly. Love how it's so vibrant. Inchies are ultra cute, hey? :0) Mel

    ReplyDelete
  13. This looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!