Pages

15 Jun 2008

Little Paper Shop Challenge

Renee offered up our first challenge to the Little Paper Shop design team!!


The challenge rules were:

- use only 2 colours (any two plus one neutral if desired)
- use one May release stamp set
- no ribbon! (ack!!)....
..I always use ribbon!!! I mean pretty much ALWAYS - I have a ton o' ribbon!!!....ahhh..........hmpff!


I chose to use the stamp set In Loving Memory since I never seem to have enough sympathy cards lately.....geez.....


This set has some lovely gentle sentiments, which are perfect for sympathy cards!


I chose my neutral, Kraft cardstock and decided on a square card. Then I got thinking that this card was going to be pretty darn close to the sketch challenge on 2 Sketches 4 You so I decided to incorporate the two challenges. Of course, I was too late for that challenge.......who'd a thunk it!!


The colours are blues and greens and I decided to go kind of a monotone theme so there are blues, greens, and aquas - I don't think that is cheating - maybe just bending the rules!!



I get to do the next challenge so I am sure the girls will bend my rules too!! LOL!


The designer paper is some gorgeous paper that I bought at Wal-Mart awhile back. Of course it was in a pack and I threw away all the wrapping ages ago and wouldn't you know it - nothing on the paper anywhere that says who makes it, so on my next trip to Wal-mart I will try to remember to check it out!



I layered the dp, Kraft and Papertrey Ink Aquamist cardstock to make my base and stamped the sentiment on a piece of transparency and attached it to the card base.


The sentiment says "Memories keep our Loved ones Close even after they have passed" - isn't that just the nicest??!!


I popped up a chipboard butterfly from a box of DCWV Glitter Chipboard Embellishments that I bought at Scrapbook Studio Inc. in Hyde Park (which has now changed to Scrapbook Memories). I can't find the website - they must be changing it over.....


I added some Gina K glitter dots and some Verve Visual bling to the butterfly just to dress her up and make her look pretty!!


There --my first Design team challenge YAY!!

Don't forget to check around at the rest of the Design Team's entries!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Bonnie! Great job. No ribbon is extremely hard ... sorry! It's a good challenge though!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!