Pages

14 Jun 2008

Shabby Friend

I wanted to try my hand at a bit of shabby chic, so I got out my Heidi Swapp distresser and got de-stressed - not really - just sounded good.....

As with a lot of things, this card did not end up as envisioned OR even the way I started it out to look. Okay, that statement may be redundant......but whatever I mean, I still like it.

I ripped a page from a MM spiral journaling book and stamped it with Cornish Heritage Farms Spanish Script backgrounder in Versamagic Aquatic splash.

I stamped the sentiment from CHF Friend Centers in Colorbox Dark Brown.

The base of the card is the striped paper from DCWV Nursery Pack.

I stamped one of the swirls of the Beautiful set from Cornish Heritage Farms on the top of the striped paper. I love these swirls.....and I am sure you can tell.....

I glued the notebook paper to a piece of distressed Papertrey Ink Aquamist cardstock and then stamped the Beautiful swirls again. I sponged all around every layer with Versamagic Sahara Sand.

The little hummingbird is from Kim Hughes Pretty Birds stamp set. I think it is just the right teeny accent for this card!

I added a Prima Floral Embellishment, a button and a snippet of ribbon, sewed around the edges and it was done!!

The breast cancer tournament was fabulously fun!


This is Debbie and I (me with visor and gut hanging out) at Hole #2
Lots of laughs and PRIZES and the rain (and lightening) even held off for us.

I won a GINORMOUS pink bean bag chair!! LOL! What I am going to do with that, is anyone's guess!! Jake will love it!

Carrie and Della - who won a helicopter ride!! Someone had backed out at the last minute, so we had to pick a number between 1 - 4, and Della picked it!! I was never so glad to NOT pick the #3!!! I would NOT have gone up in that thing....

Hubby has a plane that we fly in and I love it but something about a helicopter that scares the sh*t out of me......

Deb won a pink autographed hockey stick from #26 Jere Lehtinen of the Dallas Stars and then she bid on a huge painting for her house and she won it!!

So then we had to figure out how to get 4 women, 4 golf bags, 4 prize bags, a huge pink bean bag chair, a hockey stick and a 3' x 4' painting in the car....but we did it......!! Holy Moley what a day!

1 comment:

  1. You ladies all look great! What a wonderful cause for the tourney! How about that US Open finish? OMG fabulous! Take care, Deb

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!