Pages

4 Jun 2008

Welcome to the Jungle

ETA: New picture has been added - much better! whew....

Warning: {long post}!!

I knew I wanted to use the Jungle Fun set today from Little Paper Shop for the sketch challenge on Splitcoast Stampers.

Oh my goodness, this set is the sweetest set with a little giraffe, an elephant and this cute little lion! There is a toucan and a HUGE palm leaf as well as several words that can be rearranged in different sentiments!

Sorry about the crappy picture -- I have been away all day and just got home. It is dark out and you really canNOT take a proper picture at night......but this post would be weird without something to look at-so I posted it!

I'm going to take another picture in the morning and post it, so if you want to quit reading and come back in the morning, you will see a better photo. (done)

The base of the card is a 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" piece of designer paper from Prima Marketing INc. folded in half to make a normal size card.

I took my tree backgrounder and stamped it in Colorbox dark brown fluid chalk ink. Then I pressed my card base onto the inked up stamp and layed a scrap piece of paper over top of that. I smoothed it all over with the palm of my hand and then removed the scrap and then removed the card base. Fabulous!!

Do you remember the very first time you inked up a piece of paper with a stamp you really liked-and then you looked at the image you had just stamped and you said "OOoooooooooo!!!" (or something like that) and you had shivers because you couldn't believe how cool it looked???!!

THAT is how I feel, everytime I stamp with new stamps and these Little Paper Shop stamps are no exception - and I am not trying to kiss anyone's butt - it's just true.

Back to the card........

I stamped my new cute little lion image on Very Vanilla cardstock and coloured him with Copics. I LOVE stamping with a new stamp!! ( did I say that already?)

I used brown flock on the lion's mane and the end of his tail - I really fought against using flock because I thought it would be messy and gluey and yucky - (and I didn't want that in my newly organized and clean room) - but it was so dang easy and not messy at all!!

Just make sure after gluing and putting on the flock, that you press down the flock to make sure it is adhered, before you shake (gently) off the excess, or you may (will) lose most of your flock - speaking from experience here!

I layered the image on chocolate chip cardstock and some scrap rust coloured cardstock that had been distressed with my little Heidi Swapp distressing tool.

Then I stamped both of the sentiments on Very Vanilla and cut them out with the oval and heart nestabilities, sprayed them both with the glimmer mist and popped them up on top of the image.

The bottom sentiment is glued to one of the Spellbinders tag dies. It is supposed to be a long tag but I cut and embossed one end and then cut and embossed the other end, both separately, so that I would have a shorter tag!! How boss am I??!!

6 comments:

  1. Love the lion and your background paper, great card

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! Great job. :) I'm so ordering this stamp set! Soon...my DH will kill me if I spend another dime so soon after the last 2 orders I placed for stamps and accessories. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute! Love the lion image--absolutely adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just too stinkin cute, Bonnie! I LOVE the background! This card screams perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute card and the lion is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a terrific combination of stamps...I have always wanted that BG stamp from CHF!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!