Pages

8 Dec 2008

Me Again!!

I made this card for yesterday's featured stamper challenge and then felt so crappy I didn't load it.....*whine*

I used this card of Annascreations to case but I changed the paper, the sentiment and I chose not to use ribbon - which is a first......




I used SEI 6 x 6 Poppy Paper Pack as my designer paper. I cut and embossed the glossy striped paper with my new Curved Rectangles Nestabilities.

I used Little Paper Shop stamped set In Loving Memory for the sentiment, so I can use this card for today's Little Paper Shop day!!

Those beautiful butterflies are cut out with the Cuttlebug Tag Team Butterflies - very cool - you cut it out with the die and then emboss it with the embossing folder -very simple.....

Anna had used Pearl Ex to highlight her butterflies, but since I don't own Pearl Ex, I dabbled white opal Liquid Pearl onto the butterfly and smeared it around with my finger.

When it dried, I took my sanding block, which is great because it is flat, and lightly sanded the embossed parts of the butterfly so the white core could show through.

I added a small strip of Hero Arts clear gems to the middle of each butterfly then I folded them slightly and attached them to the card front with some clear pop dots, which had been rolled into a cigar shape, and stuck on the spine of the butterfly.

I added a few mirror Stamping Bella Baubles to complete the card!

Have a good day, I am going to REST!!


5 comments:

  1. Very pretty! I love the die cut and then embossing idea! The butterflies look great! Feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is GORGEOUS, Bonnie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how special the butterflies turned out, love them.
    lablady2007@juno.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. very pretty, Bonnie :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. BEAUTIFUL!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!