Pages

3 Dec 2008

Thinking of You......

I am just sitting here thinking of you and wishing I had of gone shopping instead of playing the slots yesterday! lol!! I guess you can figure out that I lost my $40, and nothing to show for it.........bah.....dang it......

Oh, who am I kidding??? I would have spent a lot more than $40 bucks shopping.....


Okay enough whining............last week, I had a lady ask me for an orange card with dots and fake sewing and a button and she wanted it to say "thinking of you"........huh????

That has got to be the hardest thing to do.......I love making cards the way I want to make cards. When people start suggesting something, I go blank.

This is what I came up with......and she liked it - go figure.........



The paper is from a beautiful K & Company 12 x 12 paper pack that I got at Michael's - 40% off yay!! That about makes it regular price anywhere else, doesn't it now?


The bird and swirl image are from Kim Hughes set Mocha Chica, and the sentiment is from Papertrey Ink's Shapes by Design.

The faux stitching around the outside is from The Rummage Bin set Primitive Christmas. Do NOT even snicker one little bit, that the stitching is upside down along the bottom.........

Everything is stamped in Colorbox dark brown (which I think is too dark - but she liked it, so yay!..........and the sentiment is stamped in Peeled Paint distress ink.

I coloured the bird the same colour as the sentiment and the button and added a HUGE crystal gem on top of the button and flower! and then a couple of snippets of paper in the corner.........


4 comments:

  1. Slots, huh? LOL...oh well, better luck next time!

    VERY cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the card you made a lot and wouldn't have noticed the upside down stitching if you hadn't pointed it out. The colors and different elements work well together but I after reading your blog for a year, I can say that it isn't quite "you" but it is a winner all the same.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, better luck next time.
    and you sure did made her card and a wonderful job you did...love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks awesome for faux stitching and I would have never noticed the bottom until you mentioned it, then I snickered.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!