Pages

3 Oct 2009

Merry & Bright.......


ETA: I apologize for the unfinished post earlier.....I'm not sure what happened but I'm blaming gremlins......it is finished now.

Merry and Bright is being released today at Little Paper Shop along with the 3 other sets that we have been previewing this week!
All 4 NEW SETS are 10% OFF today through next Friday, the 9th.

Now today's challenge is to use NON-Traditional Christmas colors and will remain open for you to play until Sunday, Oct 11th. The winner of that challenge will win ALL 4 releases !!!

Merry and Bright is also being offered up as a prize on the Little Paper Shop blog. Just leave a comment on the LPS blog and the winner will be announced on Monday!




I love using these colours for Christmas.

I just stamped my image and sentiment right on top of the K & Company designer paper and then sewed the panel onto Rustic Cream cardstock which was layered onto Dark Chocolate and then onto Aquamist which had been run through the Swiss Dot Cuttlebug embossing folder. whew.


I sewed around the edge of the designer paper kind of willy-nilly to add to the rustic look and then added a border across the top by punching Rustic Cream cardstock with the Martha Stewart punch, cutting it to the width I needed and popping it up with Zva Creative pop dots (Oh they make everything - haha!)

To finish I added some Zva Creative Crystals to the star and then again under the sentiment. The crystals were a gorgeous light blue colour but I coloured them with my copics to be able to achieve the colour I wanted - FUN!

We have an outdoor wedding to attend today and the weather is so iffy and rainy and cold.......I know that the wedding will be beautiful no matter what-- the mother of the groom is always out in her gardens doing her thing.....she really has the magic touch....she made sure to tell us to wear our winter coats and bring an umbrella lol!

Stamps: {Merry and Bright} (Little Paper Shop) Paper: Aquamist, Dark Chocolate, Rustic Cream (Papertrey Ink), K & Company designer paper Ink: Rich Cocoa (Memento), Accessories: Martha Stewart Punch, Zva Creative crystals, Zva Creative pop dots, sewing machine



10 comments:

  1. gorgeous gorgeous card! I love the colors you used and the cool punches border! FABBBBBB!!!! Thanks for the sweet words...I might just be your neighbor in farmville someday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Bonnie! great colours

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Bonnie, I love those colors too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bonnie, this is gorgeous! Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Soooo pretty! I LOVE blue and Brown for Christmas/winter

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card. I love the sentiment and the star. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really beautiful Bonnie! I've managed to make some xmas cards too - I've never been this prepared for xmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is breathtaking, and I just came from Allisons blog...You have NEVER been to Target?? LOL!!! You would LOVE it!! Have a great weekend Bonnie!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card has a definite "WOW" effect. Love it Bonnie and love the colors you used. hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL those darn gremlins! Well, your card is so pretty i don't think it mattered :) GORGEOUS work, Bonnie!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!