Pages

3 Dec 2010

What's Cooking?

A couple of weeks ago the weekly challenge at My Favorite Things was to create something that represent thankfulness.....

I am thankful for so many blessings but particularly that we have enough food (and more) at our table to feed our family every day!


I used the What's Cooking a la Mode girl - such a sweetie -doesn't she look like she is sweating cooking up a storm!  I don't see her on the website so she must be out of stock....but I'm sure she will be back in soon!

I used Cosmo Cricket Material Girl designer paper and Spellbinders Labels 10 die for the card.

I also used two of My Favorite Things dies - the large rick rack die and the flower die - cute!!

Okay, on to my Joy for today! If you didn't read the previous post - you can read it here

I am trying to celebrate Joy everyday in my life - I KNOW that I am blessed with so many things but I do have trouble grasping onto the "stop and enJOY it" part and so I am vowing to do that every day and post it to my blog - boring for you, but it's my blog so I can do it if I want (stamping foot) hehe!

Some of my Joy will be trivial and some may be mind boggling and/or eye-rolling to you lol! and I talk in dashes.......

Okay, Picture this. I was driving to the chiropractor the other morning and I had my seat warmer on in my car (aren't I lucky?)-- it was a freezing outside but the sun was shining -- and I mean shining, in my window -- and it started to hit me - this was a beautiful drive, an absolutely beautiful drive - how fortunate I am living where I do, being able to drive down a country road, no traffic, just me and the sun, and I began to smile - a HUGE smile and honestly, if I had have met anyone on the road - they may have thought I was a wee bit batty!

Okay, it's little ------ but I know that I was filled with JOY.....in capital letters....I think I do believe that some joy is teeny---I will find out -- but this JOY was LARGE! That's it for today.....thank you for listening to my first recorded JOY and not my last......

5 comments:

  1. A super card - she's certainly working hard!!

    The drive sounds wonderful. I think this is a great idea - we should all stop and enJOY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this!! Great colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute, great colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bonnie this is FABULOUS!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amen with embracing the JOY in life, I love it! I may join you in doing this on my own blog so thank you!
    Your card is absolutely fabulous!!! I purchased this stamp as a Christmas gift for myself and can't wait to ink her up once I get her. Your card is an inspiration, the colors, patterns and flowers with this sweet image are all so cheerful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!