Pages

30 Apr 2011

WMS Preview Day #3!

Good morning and welcome to Day 3 of our Waltzingmouse Stamps May Release!

Today we are showcasing TWO sets - Dainty Doilies Large and Dainty Doilies Small! Yes there are doily sets out there is blog world ......do you sense a but?! lol! how about however....... not all sets have building stamps in them! - by that I mean these sets have extra pieces in them so you can build around the existing doilies! 

I did not choose to build on my cards today but I know that the other designers have done so....

I have used the gorgeous doilies themselves to showcase for you! This first card used Dainty Doilies large - I love how these doilies actually match some of our other sets designs......so many interchangeable stamp sets!




I have used Plum Pudding  and Sweet Blush in this card along with Lavender Moon ribbon. The sweet bird is from a Stamping Up punch and it is in Prism cardstock.  All of these colours are closer in shades than it shows in the monitor - but I am sure you have had this happen to you too......dang monitors.... The sentiment is also from Dainty Doilies Large.

My second card uses Dainty Doilies Small and is a simple note card using SEI patterned paper, Berry Sorbet, Hawaiian Shores and Shimmer cardstock.


It is hard to see but I stamped one of the halves of one of the doilies onto the patterned paper twice (to make the whole doily) with Berry Sorbet ink and layered it with just a scalloped nestability and then stamped a smaller doily onto shimmer cardstock and popped it up onto the top of the doily layers!




The sentiment is from Fancy Phrases- a very easy stamp set to find the suitable sentiment you need!


Make sure you toot around to all of the designers' sites to see how they have showcased these two sets - they are fabulous!




21 comments:

  1. Bonnie, absolutely fabulous. Love what you created with these fun new steps. More for my shopping list ... sigh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bonnie

    Both your cards are very beautiful and I like the colours as well as the way you stamped those beautiful doilies.

    And I also like your baby shower invitation card shown yesterday. The colours look great together.

    Kind regards
    Carola

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous07:37

    Love these cards Bonnie! The colors used in the second one just pop! Thanks for sharing your creative talents :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Grear cards but i especially love the softness of the first!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two pretty designs Bonnie! love the little felt bird!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful cards Bonnie. Love the first one in particular, so soft, and I just love anything with birds or butterflies, lol. The colours on your second card are wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty Bonnie! The felt bird is darling and I love both color combos!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely lovely Bonnie. Such great patterned papers and overall design. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your card and the monochromatic doily on the patterned paper is fab!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your beautiful card, Bonnie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are so lovely and colorful! You've used such gorgeous papers, especially in the second card! I love them! These make you feel happy!
    Hugs, Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  13. purple is my skeleton in my closet - and you totally rocked it. and your second card is amazing - fresh & beautiful summer flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What lovely colors you chose, Bonnie! I love the pearls in the center of the first card, too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. great idea to layer the doily stamps the way you did.
    thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  16. You've created two wonderful cards using the doily stamps. I love the first one with the bird and the little nest -- it really is sweet. Your second card pops with colour -- so cheerful!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Anonymous10:15

    Your purplie birdie card is so precious! Your added bling is spot on! The color combo on your second card is energizing reminds me summer is on it's way! I love the idea of stamping the doily on patterned paper!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such pretty cards, Bonnie! Love how you paired the doilies with the patterned paper on the second card.

    ReplyDelete
  19. These are great cards using the doily sets, Bonnie! I love the layered look, and your first card is so soft - the pearl cluster is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the look of the doily on pp! So fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!