Pages

9 Aug 2012

The Wedding!

I told you I would post about my son's wedding and so here it is! and it is quite a long post - grab a coffee and join me won't you?

Although I have been forbidden - forbidden I tell ya, to post any wedding pictures of the couple, I still have some gorgeous creations to show you.

Since both my son and his betrothed wanted a simple and easy ceremony (thank goodness!) and are both pure naturalists, we decided that the invitations should be the same.

I printed the wording out into three columns landscape style, onto Antique Laid linen paper - it is a wee bit heavier than typewriter paper and has such a beautiful texture!

After trimming the columns I stamped the flourish from the Waltzingmouse Stamps set called "Join Us" along the bottom and then the heart from "Sweethearts" in the middle of the flourish and then again at the top of the invitation. 


I did take the liberty of blocking out certain names and of course my address - I don't want everyone converging on my house - but then again - why not?!

Using Papertrey Ink's Vintage Tea Dye Duo, I lightly swiped all the edges of each invitation with the antique ink. With my Crop-a-dile, I punch holes in the top of the invitation and the Kraft cardstock underneath and then tied a twine bow at the top.

The envelope was also an Antique Laid Linen paper  I had some gold seals that I ran through the Cuttlebug with my hearts folder and then attached them to the envelopes!

We were fortunate enough not to have rain - it was a gorgeous day - but we had rented a tent with tables just in case, so of course we needed centerpieces!



I had three different sizes of mason jars in my basement from all the canning I don't do lol! ......and a ton of different paint colours in my stash (seeeee!! you DO need it!) so I started swipe-painting the jars - I decided they needed some lace and twine too and the flowers and jewels just made them perfect!

Since Keri was wearing her mother's wedding dress - she had the sleeves removed - I was able to use the sleeve material to make a little ruffled collar for Rosie the Devil Dog - although she was a gem - doesn't she look happy!! lol!




This is the arbor they were married under and I am going to sneak in a picture of the happy couple with Ron and I!!




Thank you for indulging me today!!

4 comments:

  1. What a beautiful post - everything is gorgeous from the invitation to the centerpieces! Love that you snuck in a photo of the happy couple cause I love a happy ending - I wish them happy forever! Congratulations and thanks for sharing your beautiful family! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Bonnie, everything is just so pretty. Loved the invitations and I like the natural feel I get from the photos. What a great way to enjoy a special day and not go completely broke!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Bonnie - what a beautiful wedding! Your special touches were perfect - I love those centerpiece vases!!! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bonnie all your added touches are Beautiful. What a gorgeous setting. Love the Arbor and planter boxes too. The mason jars don't even look like themselves. They're gorgeous. So clever. Love the dogs collar! You look like it was a perfect day. What fond memories you'll have and they'll remember. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!