Pages

30 Aug 2014

IC456 Year of Flowers

Hello..... today I made a card - yay!  I bought this stamp set - Papertrey Ink's Year of Flowers Collection - ages ago and finally inked it up - I am sure you have never done that before ;)!

The inspiration challenge this week, at Splitcoaststampers, was from a Pinterest board - such a great spot to WASTE my time - Lol! I spent most of the morning perusing the board and finally settled on this piece to garner some inspiration from!



Using the Violets from PTI's stamp set, I inked and coloured them three times.  Then, using the dies available for this collection, I die cut them - yes - I die cut them after I coloured them - not too difficult a job (thank goodness!)


I actually had a piece of watercoloured paper, so I popped up the flowers onto the Picket Fence,and adhered it to the background.  I tucked a little piece of doily stamped with the sentiment Violets - from The Year of Flowers - Titles Mini Stamp Set - I thought they were Pansies - but what do I know?



Using the Polka Dot Basics, I stamped the polka dots in Classic Kraft along the bottom and then adhered it to my card base.  I added some Classic Kraft ribbon to finish it off!

Thanks for coming around today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!