Pages

1 Nov 2007

Bazaar Holiday Wishes!!

Marcie "volunteered" me to make cards for a bazaar we are having for our church!! Thanks a lot! So now comes the push to make cards..... Yaaay....!!!!

I don't like to HAVE to make cards but on the other hand it gives me an excuse to be in my craft room!! --so not so bad!....(quit your grumbling, Lucky...) ROFL!!

This card is a case from Taylor Van Bruggen, one of the fantastic designers over at Papertrey Ink.
Oh, I do not have a great imagination but I can follow direction pretty well, thus the need to case!! Oh my gosh, you HAVE to check out their gallery!! Fantastic projects and cards. Such creative minds over there!


It is a long cut card and when I say that --I mean that it is cut 11 X 4 1/4" and scored at the 5 1/2" so it can stand on its "end". The other cards I have done were 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" and scored at the 4 1/4" -

Is that making any sense!!!?? Well, I had to cut it twice because I screwed it up the first time!! For some reason I had a mental block....(My hubby would say "I know the reason"!)

This beautiful patterned paper is from Flair Designs Inc. and is called Holiday Cream Paisley and is gorgeous to work with. It is cut to 3 3/4" x 5" and matted on cardstock measured 4" x 5 1/4" - so many measurements, but this card is so easy! and so beautiful!


I used my Marvy giga scalloped circle punch and the mega circle punch for the sentiment which was stamped on in Brilliance Green. The sentiment itself is from Papertrey Ink Holiday Wishes, a very beautiful set, with a lot of sentiments for Christmas time...
The little red snowflake is from Holiday Treats - a perfect set for all your homemade goodies - or even not so homemade *wink*!! LOL
Grosgrain ribbon that I just bought from Studio Ribbons , is adhered behind the scalloped circle and also behind the layer of CARDSTOCK. Then it just sets on the patterned paper and I put pop-ups behind the decoration so that it looks like a Christmas ball just hanging there. Add a bow and you are all set!!
I thought I would make four of these card and stick them in a see through box and give them away for a door prize. Anyone would LOVE to win them!
Well, back to the craft room!!
LUCKY ME!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!