Pages

27 Apr 2008

Pretty Backgrounds

Still playing with my new backgrounds from Cornish Heritage Farms!!

I can't believe I haven't caught on to this background "thing" before now!
Could it possibly be the horrific amount of patterned paper that I have stuffed in my closet???!! nah....


I have a neighbour who has requested some birthday cards, and since I didn't ask if she wanted, funny or pretty, plain or fancy (I'm new at this okay?) I am just going to do an assortment and hope for the best....

My card is GREATLY inspired by Julia Stainton's card and as you can see it is pretty darn close to being copied but she used chalks on her card while I used ink.


This card uses the Pretty Pattern Background from Cornish Heritage Farms.

I inked it up with Spring Moss Perfect match hybrid ink (whew -from now on known as Spring Moss) and then laid my Spring Moss cardstock on top of it and kind of tapped it all over.

The look I wanted didn't quite work out - I probably pounded it instead of tapped - but it is still pretty....

I set it aside and worked on my main image, which IMHO turned out rather nice.

Using Papertrey Ink Lemon Tart Ink, I stamped the Spanish Script Backgrounder from Cornish Heritage Farms on white cardstock - it is very light and you can hardly see it in the photograph, but really, quite pretty in real life!

Then I inked up the images from 'Nature's Silhouettes' Stamp Set from the Kim Hughes Collection with Papertrey Ink's Spring Moss and Blush Inks and stamped them on the white cardstock over top of the Spanish Script.

To get that muted colour look which I love, I spritzed the stamp with a water mist then stamped it on the paper. I sprayed the water in the air and then waved the stamp through the mist - it's fun!

I glued it on the cardbase and then stamped the sentiment "happy birthday" with the new Script Essential Expressions from Cornish Heritage Farms.

I added a prima flower with a dew drop in the middle and the pretty card was finished!!

After reading this over, it does sound like I am full of myself and my beautiful card!! LOL!! Not intentional, but I DO like my creation!!

2 comments:

  1. This is just beautiful! Those bg stamps are fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your version of it!!! Beautiful! Thanks for linking me too! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!