Pages

29 Jun 2008

Featured Stamper Challenge - New Home

Today is the Featured Stamper challenge on Splitcoast Stampers. Chelemom is the honoured stamper and this is the card I chose to case.

The three things I changed were:

- the stamp set;
- the orientation;
- the -- well, truth be told it kind of evolved into something else but it is close - how does that happen??


I stamped and coloured the image from Boards and Beams with copics and then cut it out.
I actually added some curtains in the windows to make it look a little homier!

Then the windows still looked a little glum, so my copic spica pen added just the right touch of glitter - I love that PEN!!

I really don't think I had this much trouble picking out colours for my own house when we built it, let alone this silly house I had to colour!!

I popped it up on the base of the card which is Memory Box paper in a beautiful Mocha colour - gorgeous!!

I stamped the sentiment in Staz on olive onto vellum and attached it to the mocha paper with Basic grey brads.

The flowers are beautiful Prima hydrangeas with Making Memories velvet brads in the middle and then Basic grey Brads in the middle of that!

It looks like it should have been a quick and easy card....but it was one of THOSE cards.....where you hummmm and hawwww and switch and change and bah.

Went golfing this afternoon - lov-e-ly!! 'Nuff said........

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Bonnie, I love how you tucked the flowers and the tree around the house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic card! Love the vellum sentiment and how well the flower accents go with the Boards and Beams image. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! I love this stamp set, too. I'm gonna have to order it when I make my PTI order. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO sweet! I love how you've laid out the flowers. Super pretty! :0)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!