Pages

15 May 2009

Little Paper Shop 3-D Challenge

I finally had a challenge where I absolutely HAD to do something 3-D. That is certainly not my forte, but it was Silvia's Little Paper Shop challenge and I had seen this cute little backpack tutorial on Splitcoaststampers, so I decided to try it!

I think it is the perfect size for a gift card, so I made a little set for someone starting out on their own - maybe going to school, or leaving the state or province!!

We would love to have you join the Little Paper Shop team for this 3-D challenge! You have until Sunday, May 24th to complete your 3-D creation with the winner being announced the 25th. Our prize is TWO free digital images, so don't forget to link up to the Little Paper Shop blog!! If you upload to Splitcoaststampers or Papercraft Planet please use the keyword LPSC16!




I started out by cutting my 12 x 12 piece of
Fancy Pants designer paper into a 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of paper. Then I printed off the backpack templates that you can download from the tutorial onto this sheet of paper.

I followed the tutorial, which sounded a lot more complicated than it really was. If you just follow it step by step and don't get ahead of yourself, it turns out fine! The one thing I could say is WATCH OUT for the direction you put your designer paper in your printer or you will print off the template upside down - like me! Smiley from millan.net

For the card, I used the trees and mushrooms from the stamp set {Forest Critters}, stamped them onto Kraft cardstock and coloured them with copics.

Using the Spellbinders Curved Rectangles I cut out the image and then a frame for behind the image.

The sentiment on the tag is from the {All Occasions} stamp set and the little fern leaves on the sentiment is from the stamp set {Floral Wishes}.

Okay, some of you were asking about the tests I had the other day. It was the crappy test Smiley from millan.net, a colonoscopy, not fun, but not too bad. The preparation was the worst part......and I don't even remember the actual test, they give you some sort of drug that makes you an amnesiac LOL! no really, you don't even know it is happening.......so thank you everyone for your well wishes. Not to worry, I'm not going anywhere yet!!



Supplies:
Stamps: Little Paper Shop
Paper: Papertrey Ink Kraft Cardstock, Fancy Pants designer paper, Bazill dark brown, Prism dark red
Ink: Papertrey Ink Dark Chocolate, copics, Ranger Distress Ink Antique Linen, Vintage Photo
Accessories: Papertrey Ink dark chocolate ribbon, Taylored Expressions gingham ribbon, Spellbinders curved rectangles, Spellbinders tag, Basic Grey button, Basic Grey brad, Basic Grey magnetic snaps, Stamping Up Scalloped Punch, Glue dots, Taylored Expressions foam tape, Cuttlebug Swiss Dot folder










10 comments:

  1. Bonnie, love your backpack and card. You go girl! Hugs Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bonnie this is amazing!!! I am totally caseing this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is FANTASTIC!! LOVE it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love-y this! Kraft paper with anything rocks (and that is the perfect set here!).

    Good luck with the babe this weekend...that will be a whole lot of work I imagine! (I don't imagine...I live it...ha!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bonnie that backpack is FABULOUS. I'm really intimidated by the directions and by ur amazing creation but now I think I'mna give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh WOW! LOVE this project! Just totally fabulous!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to hear that your test turned out okay! Those are the worst. I am dreading the day i have to have one! But alas colon cancer runs in my family so I can't escape it! LOL!

    YUour card though and backpack are amazing!!!! Wow! I love your use of the kraft paper and the coloring and stamps are amazing!!! Your backpack turned out incredcible and I am not really sure if I believe you that you don't do 3D objects all the time!!! This is just amazing!

    Smiles,
    janna

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cute project! I love it! I keep saying I am going to make one of these darling backpacks. I think they are so fun! Maybe I will do that soon!
    Hugs,
    Bridgett

    ReplyDelete
  9. OH MY GOSH! I think this is one of my favorites of your projects!!! I LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my gosh! These are both so cute! I LOVE that backpack! The matching card is gorgeous!

    WV: exaholes....say it with me, ex-a-holes. Yeah. Who writes this stuff anyway?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!