Pages

11 Nov 2009

An Old Friend....

I just love this Sewing Box - Hugs stamp set from Waltzingmouse Stamps! I made this card for the colour challenge on Splitcoaststampers and one lady even commented on how lovely my stitching was - it's very real looking!




The colours were Very Vanilla, Kraft and Bravo Burgundy - of course you can use any colour that is similar so I used Gina K Pure Luxury Soft Sand and Papertrey Ink Scarlet Jewel and Rustic Cream.

I stamped three hearts on the Soft Sand cardstock and then again on Rustic Cream Cardstock.

I cut out the middle hearts from the Rustic Cream and adhered them to the Soft Sand cardstock and then added some Scarlet Jewel buttons tied with
Rustic twine.

I love the sentiment and I must say that a couple of years ago an old ....no.....good friend, that I went to Grade School with, some er......40 years ago contacted me through Classmates.com. I was thrilled to say the least!

We met for lunch with a few of the other girls from school and they are all so beautiful and fun and so dang grown up! Now we get together once in awhile to laugh and share funny teacher stories
. I think it is about time for another get together - eh Jayne?!!





4 comments:

  1. I absolutely loved this when I saw it on SCS Bonnie, it's an absolute gem!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fantastic Bonnie! It is simple, yet stunning! Great job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ACK! I love this, Bonnie! The layout is so great -- and the stitching does look real! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The colors worked great on this card Bonnie! I love the homespun sewn look of it!! especially the stitches by the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!