Pages

20 Jul 2011

OUCH!!

Good morning and welcome to another Wednesday Hambo Hoedown!

This week the challenge is to make a monochromatic card! Love doing this - it makes me dig around in my patterned paper a bit and actually use the stuff I have hoarded haha!

If you played in last week's challenge and you emailed your photo to Monica (check out the Hambo Hoedown Blog for that info) then you will receive a free digi this week! Isn't that the coolest??!!

So, on to the lovely monochromatic creation! 


I used the "Mosquito" Hambo digi stamp this week and coloured up this little guy in beiges and browns. I added googly eyes to make him funny - my grandchildren love these eyes!

For the "ouch!" sentiment, I placed my chipboard letters onto white cardstock and sprayed it with Tattered Angels Suede glimmer mist - then after I removed the letters - a nice bright "OUCH!"



The inside sentiment is computer generated. I just used Microsoft Word to type up a sentiment and then printed it out on a piece of cardstock. I will use the remaining cardstock for other projects!

We would love for you to play in our challenge!  Of course you can use ANY Hambo image that you own and there are free digi's available at the store for you also AND a whole BUNCH of other digi images that are so dang cheap - you just save them to your file and then print them off - easy peasy!

Thanks for joining me today and take a look at the other girl's projets to see how they used this little/big mosquitoe!!


5 comments:

  1. This made me smile!! I think the image is fab and the sentiment inside really nice. It's fun to find out what papers are hiding in our cupboards :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ouch is right, but definitely adorable! I love your blog header and signature roosters (chickens?)! Stinkin' cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card Bonnie. I like the shades of brown & what a clever way to do the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well Bonnie! you made a creepy mosquito look kind of pretty!! love the flower!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your sentiment inside! The flower is just awesome - the whole card is!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!