Pages

9 Jan 2008

Distressed Thankful....

That was the title of my submission today for the sketch challenge on Splitcoast Stampers.


We had to do a sketch with a kickstand card, that is to cut down the front part of the card and attached - something - to make up the difference.


You can find the challenge instructions here, and the gallery for this challenge is here.


I used Basic Grey almost everything today!! (isn't that a switch.....LOL!)

Basic Grey Scarlet's Letter, Basic Grey Infuse and Basic Grey fibres!


The stamp is from Hero Arts - "be thankful for life's special moments"

Too often we rush around and don't see the whole picture, when our kids are yelling/screaming/being a regular pain in the arsssse.....


My kids are 22, 24 and 26 but they can still be that pain.....now being older (sad but true), wiser (true but sad) and much more mature (am so!) I can stand back and look at the whole picture and more often than not decipher the mood.


Honestly, my mom must have torn her hair out with my brother and sister (not me of course! yeh right). Mom says we are always her little children no matter how old we become. My mom is the smartest woman in the world- and that IS true!


LUCKY ME!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous17:58

    This is so pretty. I wanted to do a card, a kickstand, for the challenge but I'm still not sure what a kickstand is :( Yours is so nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this! Especially the distressed/messy (and I mean that as a real compliment) style. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!