Pages

7 Jun 2008

Happy Birthday Holly!


WOW!

25 years ago right now, I was panting and blowing and cursing my hubby - all those things you do when you are in labour and wonder how could I have let this happen again? why did I let this happen again? I will NEVER let this happen again!! (I did)

Of course, and naturally, all those thoughts disappeared the minute the doctor put her in my arms! (well, the NEVER thought did go on for a bit longer) and 25 years later, here we are, me crafting out a double pocket card for Holly!

Joy in a Jar has a fabulous pictorial tutorial (?!) HERE. Those directions were so easy to follow and I even used the Berry Bliss as she did, only different sheets of it. ETA: Splitcoast Stampers also has a tutorial this week HERE! Joy's turned out sooo pretty and Holly loves pink - so perfect!!



Bayfest is coming in July and Rascal Flatts is one of the bands performing. Holly just about jumped out of her skin when she heard that news! She LOVES them!

So I got my son-in-law, Jared, (cute little Jake's daddy) to pick me up a couple of tickets - I suppose I will have to drag myself to the concert with her {*grin} - and I thought a double pocket card would be perfect to present them in!!

The sentiments are from Cornish Heritage Farms Motivational Centers and Birthday Centers.


Because of her disability, Holly has a difficult time seeing the positive things in life - she focuses on the negative -

A typical morning greeting goes something like this


Me: "Hi hon, how are you this morning?"

Holly: "Tired, I didn't sleep good"
Me: " Well, at least the sun is shining - isn't it a beautiful day?"
Holly: "I will probably get a headache from the sun"
Just a little smitcheon of the conversation- you probably get the idea...she is a love, but a hard love.....


The Centers were just what I wanted to stamp on the tags of this pocket card. I added a magnet to the back of the tags so she can place them on her refrigerator and read them every day and hopefully......ya never know!!

The Motivational saying is
"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you have imagined. - Thoreau"
The Birthday saying is

"Wishing you a special day filled with friends, family and cake!"

She loves cake and pink and Rascal Flatts!! So perfect!!


Stamps: Cornish Heritage Farms Birthday Centers and Motivational Centers
Paper: Stampin UP! Berry Bliss and chocolate chip
Supplies: Prima flowers, MM brads, nestabilities, tombow glue, crop-a-dile

4 comments:

  1. What a terrific mom you are, Bonnie! She's gonna love the tickets and of course you have to go with her! That's a given. I mean, it's Rascal Flatts for goodness sake! There's just one thing I wanna know. Where's my ticket? *grin*
    I love the double pocket card and all that pink paper! So pretty!
    Enjoy the day and have a great weekend!
    Stampin hugs, Becky:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card Bonnie for your DD! She'll love it and the cool tickets! You rock Mom! Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic card Bonnie! I was lucky enough to see Rascal Flatts in Calgary in March and they were awesome...you guys are going to lvoe it:-)!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful card!! She will love all of it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!