Pages

18 Sept 2008

Sneak Peeks! But not me.....yet!

Starting today, there are new sneak peeks for the new stamp sets being released at Little Paper Shop on September 23!!

Since I just got home today YAY! I don't have anythin
g ready, but I will show you the earrings I made for my daughter before I went away.

I used Little Paper Shop's Rock Star stamp set, Cherry Red Staz-On ink and
Polyshrink - a VERY cool "paper" that shrinks when heat is applied!

I stamped the skull from the Rock Star set - yikes - I love this stamp set but I don't like that particular stamp!! but Holly loved it and it did make cute jewelry!!


Start again--- I stamped the skull in Cherry Red Staz-On onto the Polyshrink and then stamped Papertrey Ink's Borders and Corners Circles around the skull.

Using my scalloped circle nestabilities I cut out both the skulls and then punched a hole in the top of the circle where the earring part would go.




Then the FUN part!! I set one of the scalloped stamped circles down on my desk and using my heat gun, I aimed it at the scalloped circle and.........it flew away......


So then I had to hold it down with my tweezers while heating and then it just all heated up into a gooey ball......I really thought that this was the end of the earrings!!

And I was frustrated BUT.....I decided that nothing was lost and I just kept heating it and miraculously (strong word but effectively true) it unfolded itself and went flat again and SHRANK!!

TOO COOL!!


Since I also dabble in making jewelry, I have tons of earring parts, so I put together some earrings and this was the result!

Holly loves them and has been wearing them non-stop over this Hallowe'en season
!

It feels so good to be home!

I am such a homebody and everyday I wished I was home..........I mean, I loved my holiday- the east cost is amazingingly beautiful, but there is no place like home!

4 comments:

  1. OMG those are so fun, what a great idea, love em!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, my mother would throw Holy water at me if she saw those in my ears! Glad your daughter loves them...cute idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Bonnie!! My daughter would absolutely LOVE those earings!! What a fabulous idea! I think I have to try this. Can you image how much money I would save making these rather than buying her earings!!

    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are awesome Bonnie! Welcome back!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!