Pages

4 Oct 2008

Y.ou K.now Y.ou R.ock............!!

I made this card last week for Embellish-It Scrapbooking October gallery reveal!! YAY! Just click on the link and scroll down to Hallowe'en Monster Mash!!

The big reveal for the Hallowe'en Monster Mash is tomorrow in the design team gallery. Check is out for tons of Hallowe'en ideas and projects using........drumroll............Imaginisce Hallowhimsy paper, chipboard, rub-ons, stamps. Also lots of
other Hallowe'eny things!!


I also made this card for the You Know You Rock challenge this month, which is to use your backgrounder stamps front and center!!



But I couldn't post it until today and it has been killing me because I LUV it!! AND the last day to post for the challenge is October 5th midnight...... okay, so I guess I still had a day but I have absolutely NO patience.....so here it is.........

The backgrounder is Cornish Heritage Farms tree backgrounder stamped in Brilliance Black!! How spooky is that?!!

I added a sploosh of orange paint and when it dried (ya, I had to do it twice......the patience thing....) I stamped the Imaginisce Hallowhimsy Happy Hallowe'en stamp (whew) in Brilliance Black.

Then I added the big black button tied with a wee bit of the May arts orange gingham ribbon!!

I distressed it a bit on the sides and then popped it up on some orange Core'dination paper that was also slightly sanded. I love how the core colour - get it - Core'dination! comes through when you sand it!!

And then that whole thing was popped up again (I'm luvin' the dimensionals lately!) on some Memory Box licorice cardstock - very cool because it is black on one side and white on the other so you can write inside it without having to cut out that annoying square to paste inside!!

So that is the beginning of my Hallowe'en Monster Mash posts......stay tuned the rest of the weekend for more!!

5 comments:

  1. How can your card be so rockin' and spooky at the same time--- well it is!! So glad you played Bonnie-- YKYR!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just. Gorgeous!! Love this Bonnie!

    The splash of orange paint is the perfect finishing touch!!

    Just wonderful! Thanks so much for playing, Bonnie ... you rock!

    ~Hugs, Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of my fav BG stamps evah! Paula and I keep meaning to order it but, sigh, we have yet to do it! Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This backround is perfect for the challenge! What a wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ouuuu! What a wicked idea to use that tree stamp for a Halloween card. Looks fantastic! :O)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!