Pages

7 Dec 2008

You're a Treasure!

Paper Craft Planet is having a cute 12 Days of Christmas game/challenge this week(s)!

Everyday there has been a new creation to make based on the 12 Days of Christmas.

Today's day is Ten Lords a Leaping and we have to make a card or any paper craft with a boy on it! Easy Peasy!!



I got this cute little Pink Gem Design stamp from Phebe, at The Town Scrapper when I stocked up on her Pink Gem Designs special last week! It is called "Captain Jack" and isn't he a cutie!

I used a sheet from my 6 x 6 paper pack of the beautiful Basic Grey Paper Urban Prairie, that I got from Embellish-It Scrapbooking, some Baby Blue Prism cardstock and of course my copics and sewing machine.

By the way, since I am a buy-a-holic, I should tell you, I also got another pack of Urban Prairie at my local scrapbook store, The Paper Pickle,- you know- the one with the HUGE jars of lovely tempting ribbon - ------ya ----- you know what I'm talking about.......

I wanted the card to look a little soot-y, since he is a Pirate and all, and somebody told me once that Pirate's are soot-y, although that is stereo-typing, but anyway-- I used Ranger Distress Ink Black Soot, to swipe the edges of my papers.

The HUGE and not so huge gems are Karen Foster Sparkle Brads, and they match perfectly!! and the sentiment is from Kim Hughes stamp set "Ahoy Matey - Pirates".

I used my Cuttlebug tiny tags die cut to make some tags and strung them together just for a little different thing to do. I saw it on someone's blog and I don't know who it was - bad me!

A little bit of sewing, and I was done! YAY!!

Have a great Sunday!! I am going to spend my day hacking up my lungs......as I have been doing all this week - blechhhh!

4 comments:

  1. Awww, my friend you're in good company w/ the hacking. TIS the season! Blech! Feel better soon!

    I LOVE this card...you enabler, you! My little Pirate at home definitely might need mom to get this stamp :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable pirate for your GS! I have that paper pack and I love it! Hope you rid of the hack soon! Merry stampin'! Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, he's really cute...not sooty at all! I love the way you layered the tags too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fab Bonnie!! Love it!!X

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!