Pages

23 Jan 2009

Sewing Challenge.....

ETA: For some reason Blogger is being a pig head today and I can't put in any links to any product. So basically, all the Basic Grey items you can buy on-line at Embellish-It Scrapbooking (which I can't link up grrrr) or locally, in Chatham at The Paper Pickle. ALL FIXED NOW!

Well, I have seen this challenge a lot in the last couple of days, but I promise, (right hand over my heart, left hand in the air) that this was thought up last August!


It is my turn to challenge the girls on Embellish-It Scrapbooking and I chose (last August by the way) to challenge the girls to some type of sewing whether it be real or fake or squiggly or straight - HEY! that almost rhymes!


Mine is faux sewing, sort of......

I didn't poke any holes, I just went along the edges with my Tombow marker and made stitches and I love it - love this whole altered notepad actually! What is it with me I am liking altering things lately - will someone
please feel my head!

This is - was - a dollar store heart shaped note pad and I covered it with Bittersweet paper by Basic Grey.




I added a chipboard flourish that I painted up with paint dabbers - watermelon first, then Pink Sherbert and finally Pearl to add a bit of sheen and to tone down that pink!

I used Prima leaves and hydrangea flowers to dress up the front. I added a Basic Grey Bittersweet glazed brad to the center of the flower.

It still needed something and I had received some gorgeous feathers in the Jenni Bowlin January kit, so I tucked them in behind the Prima flower.

The notebook from the $$$ store was originally bound together with wires - which I hated - ugly metally binder-y twine-y things - so I removed the ugly metally binder-y twine-y things and ran some very cool hemp cord through the holes - like it a lot better!


Hope you like it! This was my last challenge as a member of Embellish-It Scrapbooking - see this post - so thank goodness it was an easy one - I probably would have thrown in the towel - after using it to wipe up the messy tears (ugly crier, right here!)

7 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous! You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh! yummy gorgeous bonnie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bonnie I love this idea and I think the twine is much better than the the metal wire!! Love your colors and flourishes!! Great job!

    Smiles,
    janna

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is incredibly beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh your book came out beautiful! I love the hemp in place of the wire...and those flowers are gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!