Pages

23 Mar 2009

Little Paper Shop Monochromatic Challenge!

Today's Little Paper Shop Monday challenge is to make a monochromatic card. I'm not very good at them so this is as close as I could get !!

We would love for you to join us!! You certainly don't have to use an Little Paper Shop stamp, but if you've got them - why not use them!!?! Just use the keyword LPSC08 when you upload to Splitcoast Stampers or Papercraft Planet. Don't forget to check out Little Paper Shop's blog for the details and last weeks winner!!

I used the flourishes from Flourished Dove, to make a bit of a background. I stamped it in Vintage Cream ink onto Dark Chocolate cardstock and then ran my inkpad around the edges of the chocolate cardstock to give it some depth.



I stamped the sentiment, which is from Little Paper Shop's {A Dream}, in Dark Chocolate ink onto Kraft cardstock.

I added a bit of Sweet Blush cardstock, which was trimmed with the Stamping UP scalloped punch - LOVE it!! and adhered some sweet blush ribbon and a couple of buttons!

The added ribbon goes along with Sharon Johnson's Stamp Simply challenge, which is to add some snippets of leftover ribbon to your card and after I searched the floor, I found some!! yay!!

Thanks for looking and now go and search your floor for some ribbon snippets for your cards!!


10 comments:

  1. Your card is gorgeous Bonnie, love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty card! I love the pink...it looks beautiful with the kraft paper!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty! I love that pink ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super lovely Bonnie! Thanks for the suggestion,I'll wait to see what the hep has to say and go from there I guess. But Thanks alot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is very pretty. I like the buttons and ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooohhh I love the brown and pink color scheme! So, so pretty! That ribbon and the way you used the scraps and button is perfect. I adore the sentimetn and the florishes! An awesome card!

    Smiles,
    janna

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just lovely! The flourish is perfect and I love the way you used the ribbon and buttons!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooooo, what a yummy color combo! I love the scallops, ribbon and buttons! Great card, Bonnie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the splash of pink! Nothing like finding good stuff on the floor - my 16 month old is soooo with ya there! ;-)

    Your card is great Bonnie and I have to say, every time I stop by I always read ALL of your words {as opposed to just looking at the pretty pictures} because you just crack me up. Highlight of my blog stops! Rock on.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is awesome. LOVE that flourish in white SO much & the ribbon tabs with buttons are pure cuteness! :O)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!