Pages

10 May 2009

Happy Mother's Day!

Are you having a good Mother's Day? We had a wonderful time! My step-dad took my mom and my family out to brunch at the local golf course and it was delicious!

I gave my mom the card I made and since it was a bit of an UNstandard size - 4 1/2" x 7" - I didn't have an envelope and I was kind of panicking! Then I remembered Michelle Wooderson's answer to that and decided to give it a try! I grabbed a large glassine bag and put my card in that! Then I tied some ribbon around, made a tag and a gorgeous bow and it worked wonderfully!



Of course, when I gave it to her and she opened it up, I had forgotten to sign ANYTHING inside of the card because I was so intent on wrapping the thing!! UGH!! But being a mom, she understood perfectly, and we laughed and I told her I did that so I could use it again next year!!




I wish I had have had time to add some bling across the bottom or aorund each scallop. Wouldn't that have been so pretty? but Ron was hollering at the back door about being late, or something silly like that, so I had to RUSH it! Of course, had I know that Mother's Day was today, would have solved a ton of problems ;) !

Sorry, I can't show you the whole card because it is a Dirty Dozen creation! But if you are a member of the Fan Club you can sure see it on the 15th of May which is coming up dang fast!! Check out the info to see if you would like to join! It is so worth it, with tons of inspiration every month, and you get to upload on Sunday's which is the sole reason I joined in the first place!!

Well.... off to watch the golf on television.....that is MY Mother's Day pure love......uhmmmmmm.....Wink


Supplies:
Stamps: Papertrey Ink Mega Mixed Messages
Ink: Memento brown
Paper: Papertrey Ink glassine bag, Vintage Cream, Melon Berry and 2008 Bitty Dot Basics
Accessories: Papertrey Ink Melon Berry swiss dot satin ribbon and button, Marth Stewarat butterfly punch, twine, Kaiaser Craft pearls, Stamping Up Scalloped punch


4 comments:

  1. Absolutely fabulous, Bonnie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS: I totally forgot to congrat you on being the newest "Dirty Girl!" You sooooooooo dirty! WTG! You're a supah-star, girlfriend!!!

    PSS: Meaning to ask, where on earth were you able to find a place to host your .ico file?!? I've been looking for-evuh .. for a free hosting site and so far, nada. And I lurve your cute l'il flavicon ... {sigh} ... you're my idol. I wanna be jess like you if I grow up ...

    Happy Mother's Day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This wrapping idea is great! Too funny that you forgot to sign it though...something I would definitely do! Hope you had a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is lovely Bonnie!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!