Pages

20 Nov 2009

Dirty Girls challenge and a tutorial.....

Okay be nice. This is my first tutorial on my blog.

I've done a couple for the Splitcoaststampers Dirty Dozen gallery but Jenn Balcer, who is always behind the scenes, choreographed the whole thing making it just lovely!!

Granted it's not a huge tutorial but....okay now I'm babbling....

First off, the 20th of the month is the day the Dirty Girls get together and accept a challenge from the hostess for the month.

I am so proud to say that I was a Dirty Girl, so since I had time - don't know where that statement came from - I accepted
Kim Teasdale's challenge to make an ornament along with a loop so it can hang from something.

Essentially, I did the challenge correctly, there is an ornament involved and a loop, but technically I cheated a little.



I just received the Sizzix BIGZ ornament die and I just freakin' LOVE it! so that is what I used and made these tags, which you will probably see a lot of in various design in the coming days and weeks.

I also used Waltzingmouse Stamps Off Beat Backgrounds along with and Very Vintage Labels No. 4. I LOVE that little tag topper and I must confess, that I didn't have a clue what those (there are three different shapes in this set) little stamps were for until I finally decided to do some research on Claire's blog (plug your ears Claire) to see if she had used them or not, and of course she had, beautifully.... D'oh me......

Okay, on to the tutorial.......I have seen a lot of the Cricut tags shaped so beautifully and since I don't have a Cricut (I sold it about a year ago.... why oh why *sob*...) I decided to make my own lovely shaped tags from Spellbinders dies.

This tutorial will make 6 tags from one 8-1/2 x 11 sheet of cardstock


Scalloped Tag Tutorial






Supplies Needed:

-Spellbinders Long classic Rectangles (second largest die)
-Spellbinders Labels Four (largest die)
-One sheet of 8 1/2 x 11 piece of cardstock
-Die cutting machine ( I used Cuttlebug)
-Paper trimmer













Step One:
Cut cardstock in half so you have two panels measuring 8 1/2" x 5 1/2".


















Step Two

Cut each panel into 3 equal rectangles each one measuring 2 3/4" x 5 1/2"























Step Three

Die cut each panel with the long rectangle nestabilities.
























Step Four

Center only the top of your panel under the top of the Labels 4 die, as shown in photo, making sure the bottom of the panel is not being cut.
















Step Five


Run it through the die cutting machine - repeat with rest of panels















Step Six


Decorate as desired











Stamps: Off Beat Backgrounds, Very Vintage Labels No. 4 (Waltzingmouse Stamps); Paper: Stampers Select White, Sweet Blush, Scarlet Jewel, Holiday Cheer (Papertrey Ink) Eskimo Kisses (Basic Grey); Ink: Sweet Blush, Scarlet Jewel, Spring Moss, Vintage Touch Inking System (Papertrey Ink); Accessories: Create a Flake One (Spellbinders) Scarlet Jewel and Ripe Avocado Ribbon (Papertrey Ink) Chipboard snowflakes (Little Yellow Bicycle), Zva Creative Crystals, Fiskars paper punch, Martha Stewart glitter

10 comments:

  1. Ooh, these are gorgeous! Clever and beautiful tags!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. GORGEOUS tags Bonnie and that tutorial is just perfect!!! Pat on the back that woman!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun tags Bonnie! Love the ornaments and the way you cut the top of the tag with your nesties! nice tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Bonnie, these are absolutely adorable and your tutorial was fantastic. great job for your first tutorial by yourself. You da bomb. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are just gorgeous! I loved your tutorial, too - thank you for the inspiration! I'd love to try these!

    ReplyDelete
  6. these are GORJUS!!!!!!!!!!!! and your first tutorial totally ROCKED!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable tags Bonnie and love your first tutorial...it turned out wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow what beautiful tags! Now I just need to get the rectangle dies. Good thing my DS works at Hobby Lobby! Thanks for the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous tut, Bonnie! Have to remember to do this more often with my Nesties -- they are sooo wonderful! Wish I had these same stamps from Claire--my two favs of hers (so far)--some day!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!