Pages

5 Dec 2009

Christmas Recipes!

Good morning and I am so excited to be showing you a new stamp set being released from Waltzingmouse Stamps!!

This set is called "Little Box Labels", and is another one of those fabulous Spellbinders friendly stamp sets that Claire Brennan of Waltzingmouse Stamps ingeniously creates!

This set uses Spellbinders Labels Five and I made up something I have been wanting for a long time!

I had picked up three journals for $1, at our local bargain store so I had all the proper "ingredients" to create my Christmas Recipe book.





We all have those Christmas Recipes from mom, grandma, even great grandma on little slips of paper here and there - well, I put together this book and plan to fill it with THOSE recipes!

Little Box Labels made it so easy to actually get in the mood to do just that.

I stamped the main image in Raspberry Fizz ink and then cut it out with my new Spellbinders Labels Five (thank you Paper Pickle!!)

The little utensil jug was stamped in Memento Rich cocoa and then I chose to colour up the little jug and utensils with copic markers, but you could also leave it alone like Claire did
here and it looks fabulous!

The word "Recipes" is from this new set Little Box Labels, and then I used the word "Christmas" from the set "Say it with Style". The sentiment is actually "Merry Christmas", but I put tape over the word Merry and then after I had inked it up with Ripe Avocado ink, I removed the scotch tape and so only the word "Christmas" had ink on it! Very easy to do - just don't forget to remove that tape - and you know how I know!

Oh my goodness! I just noticed that I forgot to add the little blue bauble I had set aside, in the space under the sentiment!!! Oh I am terrible......

I used my embossed curve punch along with the new Candy Cane Stripe Cuttlebug folder for a bit of decoration on my recipe book. I didn't want too many embellishments on it, because my recipe book cupboard is a little on the full and maybe messy side.....just sayin'......

I am so happy to announce that Waltzingmouse Stamps has two new designers!! Jennifer Holmes and Lisa Hjulberg have joined the team and we are so happy to have their fabulous talent!

We will all be showing off our new stamp sets over the next couple of weeks so make sure you stop around to the design team to see what wonderful things they have created!


12 comments:

  1. So pretty Bonnie...that paper is so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Genius idea Bonnie, to have the Christmas word beside the recipes!!! LOVE this wee book! i's a fab idea I will steal shamelessly! LOL. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!! Need to make one for myself!!!! Thank for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sooooo cute, fun & useful!!! Great paper; FABULOUS stamp set!!!
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who "forgets" to add something until after it's photographed/posted! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great altered notebook Bonnie! Love the papers you used and the combination of sentiments! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabby notebook, love the bright papers.
    Sian
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your recipe book Bonnie... your background papers are fabulous and set off the stamped image perfectly! I'm getting hungry for Christmas cookies now after seeing yours and Anya's projects! Must forage!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sweet! I love the bright papers--a perfect little gift!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a great idea! Guess I have another excuse for why I need a Spellbinders Wizard!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, Bonnie! Thanks for the warm welcome and I can't wait to work with you. I love this project - but it makes me realize how behind I am already on Chrsitmas stuff! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bonnie this is a darling notebook! I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous09:52

    This notebook is a great idea! I love how you designed it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!