Pages

16 Dec 2010

The Backwards Colour Challenge!

Good Morning and welcome to another Paper Romance Challenge!
 
You can use any stamp for our challenge but it would be awesome if you use one that is available in our PAPER ROMANCE STORE. You may combine with other challenges and you may enter more than once.

I hope you can join us and be eligible to win a gift certificate from the store! Just make sure you also link to the Paper Romance Challenge blog in your post and then link up with Linkitz on the Paper Romance Challenge blog to be eligible!

This week it was my turn to issue a challenge! I love thinking up different things just to confuse people lol! 
 
 
 
I decided that I am getting tired of Red and Green for Christmas cards - so this week your challenge is a Backwards Colour Challenge - Use any colour but Red or Green to construct your Christmas cards - it may be tougher than you think!

I used Havin' a Ball Snowman for my image and Cosmo Cricket Pixie-licious designer paper - definitely no red or green in this card lol!

I stamped my image using  Memento Tuxedo Black ink - I consider this the best ink to use with copics - no smearing - so no crying :) - 

The image is stamped on a piece of white cardstock - I rounded the corners and then used a die cut for the top of the white cardstock!

I used my handy dandy Zig glue pen on the snowballs, jacket cuffs and hat and then sprinkled on that yummy diamond dust - beautifully glittery!!

Isn't it gorgeous?!!
Now for my JOY post - After our BIG snow storm, my hubby was able to dig us out with his John Deere tractor (argh argh) and I could go into town and get some groceries!! 

I was so happy about finally getting out that when the check out lady said, "That will be $407.23 please", I threw my hands up in the air and shouted " I WIN!!" lol! 

My daughter was embarrassed and I did not care one bit....I was just so happy to be out - now that must be JOY to make a fool of yourself and not even care lol!!

Throw it to the wind....

7 comments:

  1. Fabulous!!! Love the orange and purple along with all that glitter....Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE LOVE the glittery glitz and those colors are fab! Thanks for hosting this week, Bonnie! Awesome fun challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha, ha, you make me laugh! Great card fun colors, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How adorable!! : ) Love those colors together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now that's what I call a snowman!! Just love that colour combination - it makes you sit up and pay attention!!!

    So glad you have been able to get out and about. In the UK, as a rule, we don't get to "enjoy" such huge amounts of snow - but we're beginning to get used to it now. Not on your scale though :) Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute, Bonnie! I really like the orange and purple!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a cute card Bonnie and I love the colors you chose, normally only seen at Halloween, but they really work with this, and love the ribbon and bow.
    hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!