Pages

5 Jul 2016

Happy Fishy Wishes

Good morning!

I'm playing along with Your Next Stamp's sketch and colour challenge this week.  Oh my gosh - I've had this cute little mermaid coloured for ages and just couldn't figure out when to use it - summer is so dang busy, but the sketch challenge proved to be the perfect chance.

I stamped and coloured the cute little mermaid from Happy Days Mermaids, with my copic markers and decided to use her as one of the panels on the sketch - that's okay right?


My "ocean" was made by watercoloring a piece of watercolour cardstock with blues and pinks and then stamping over top with the Hero Arts Cling Stamp waves background using Hero Arts Mint to Green Ombre ink pad.

Using a waves border punch (because YNS Wave die is Out of stock eek!) I punched across the top of the inked cardstock and made two panels - popping them out a bit for interest.



I diecut and coloured a few of the cute little fishes, and adhered them to the "water".  Using the Puffy Cloud Border Die, I cut a little cloud stencil so I could sponge a few clouds across the top of my scene.

I stamped the sentiment from Happy Days Mermaids on a strip of white card stock and popped it up - lastly I added a few of those pretty sparkly sequins - so pretty!


Take a look over at Your Next Stamp and get your sketch and/or colour challenge ON!

3 comments:

  1. Adorable card! Those waves create the perfect background. Thanks for playing along with us :>)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card!! Love the underwater scene you created!!! Thanks for joining us at Your Next Stamp!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super sweet card! I love the waves!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!