Pages

17 Sept 2016

Calling All Sistahs!!

Good Day --- it's the 17th of the month again and that means that it is time for the Calling All Sistahs Blog Hop....a hop dedicated to Breast Cancer Awareness.

First a little history of this special hop.....Shortly after CAS-ual Fridays owner Michele Gross was diagnosed with breast cancer,  she created Calling All Sistahs to help create breast cancer awareness beyond just the month of October-- by reminding you to do your self exams on the 17th of each month.

Calling All Sistahs Collection of stamps and dies were designed from the heart to make a difference. 

50% of the profits from this collection will be donated to breast cancer research and awareness programs in honor of all who have been, and will be, affected by breast cancer. 

You probably came here from the awesome Penny Ward's blog, but if you got lost along the way - the whole dang list of people hopping can be found on the CAS-ual Fridays blog....and if you want to be added to next month's hop - information can be found at the end of the hop!

Now for the other good stuff!



I began by stamping my sentiment "never give up" from Hope Ribbon, all around the perimeter of my white cardstock panel.  I stagger die cut the Casual Friday's Friend Fri-die three times on the white cardstock panel.

I added some Pretty Pink Posh clear sequins and set that panel to the side.



I ponked (my word - not technical hah!) Spun Sugar, Picked Raspberry and Festive Berries distress inks onto my non-stick craft sheet and then spritzed the inks with water.  Using watercolour cardstock, I smooshed the paper onto the spritzed inks to create my mottled pink background.

After it dried, dried, dried, I adhered my diecut panel with foam tape.  I struggled wondering whether to add twine or ribbon - because I LOVE them both!  ...but in the end I decided to leave it alone....tough for me to walk away ugh!!

Now you will be finding your way to the magnificent Diane Jaquay! I know she has something awesome for you!!






11 comments:

  1. Bonnie, this is such a great pairing of sentiments. Any friend would be lucky to get this card from you.
    p.s. I love your technical term (ponked)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that the sentiments frame the die cuts. The distress colors look great peeking out from the cuts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty! Love the sentiment and die cut.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great design. I like the perimeter stamping.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE how you stamped the perimeter like that. I always mess up when I try things like this. Really great design.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the ombre shading behind the cut out words and the awesome sentiment "frame" around your card!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the ombré shading behind the die cuts and the perimeter sentiment is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card. Thanks to the DT and CF for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful card! I love how you were able to get the stamped border so perfect. This is my first time hopping along to this blog hop, and I think it's a wonderful idea. Thank you for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great card....that border is so impressively straight. All my stamping is wonky! Thank goodness for Michele and this blog hop....last month's blog hop might have saved my life.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous card! Love the 'friend' die! Great colors too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!