Pages

30 Oct 2007

Hallowe'en Treats - BOO!!

My Papertrey Ink stamps and labels arrived today in the mail!! Woo Hoo!!

So I wanted to do with my nuggets what Nichole Heady at Papertrey Ink did with her nuggets. So, in other words, this is a direct case from her- again- she just has some great ideas!! Well, actually - IMO - she is a freaking genius!!

I had already bought my Hershey's chocolates (I kept them in the freezer so I wouldn't touch them - yeh right).


I had plain chocolate nuggets - yum - and also the chocolate with toffee and almond - extra yummy!! {evil grin}


I stamped my labels using the Holiday Treats set of stamps from Papertrey Ink in black ink then took my Penny Black spider stamp and stamped an orange spider in the middle. This was for the plain chocolate nuggets.


For the toffee and almond nuggets I reversed it since some people are allergic to nuts --they will be able to tell which ones have nuts in them!


You can see what happens when the spiders that you use are alive....they start to crawl all over your paper - hmmmm......yeh, you need to be more watchful and pay attention to what you are doing when you stamp.


The thing is, the Papertrey Ink stamps are clear and so easy to see through the acrylic block, but the Penny Black are wooden so you need to pay more attention. I have no real preference, because I love to stamp everything anytime!!

I put one of each kind of nugget in a treat bag along with a couple of chocolate bars, Hallowe'en smarties and Hershey's Hallowe'en chocolate kisses.


I stamped some orange paper with my Penny Black Hallowe'en stamps in black, orange and purple, and cut it up to make toppers for my Hallowe'en treat bags. Then I stapled them on and done!

We only ever get about five or six trick or treaters, so I get off lucky with the treats.

Whatever will I do with the leftovers??!? ROFL!!

LUCKY ME!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!