Pages

20 Oct 2007

Jammybella in Black!! (and pink)


Well, this card is for the Paper Pretties weekly challenge where we had to incorporated some sewing (aaaccckk!) into our card...... not my thing....I started sweating and reliving Grade 8 Home Economics classes when my mom had to make my gym bag for me because I hated sewing and she used to make all my clothes. Well, she ended up getting a C. Let just say she wasn't happy.


Edited: Okay I have updated this Jammy in Black because it just seemed like it NEEDED something else! I really wasn't totally happy with it. My Stampin' Up stuff came in the mail - photo corner punch, tab punch and RIBBON!! Woo hoo!! Anyway, I grabbed that tab punch and stamped on "Oh happy day" from Stamping Bella and now I love it even more!! What do you think?



I gritted my teeth and grabbed Jammybella and decided to do her in an elegant black with a bit of pink, and then maybe I would get inspired to do some sewing!



There are two kinds of sewing on this card. Real and faux. Honestly, I can hardly tell the real sewing from the faux sewing....but I am VERY biased!! HAHA!



I stamped this cutie in black on white (obviously) and colored in her flowers with tombow, doodled around the edges and mounted her on black cardstock.

Then I took my paper piercer and ruler and pierced all around the rectangle image.

I actually threaded a needle and sewed around the piercings -YAY ME!- big deal you say - I hardly have any poke holes in my fingers! Not too shabby.


I cuttlebugged some black cardstock for the card back and glued a piece of paper from Basic Grey Perhaps paper pad on the one side.

I then used a new eyelet with the flowers from Treasured memories to put in the corner of my Jammy and then mounted her on the background with pop up foam dots to give her some dimension!!


I looked at her for a long time, knowing that I really should sew some more around the Basic Grey Perhaps paper.


I mean a looonngg time.


I kept thinking that she didn't look so bad but the itty bitty voice kept saying, come on Lucky, do it.


So I paper pierced once again, but this time I just used a black marker and followed the piercings around, just pausing long enough at each hole to make it seem like a sewing hole. There is a great tutorial for this at Splitcoast Stampers.


I did it a bit different because I don't have a template for piercing, I just did it freehand, with a ruler mind you -haha! It is a very easy tutorial and so darn easy to learn.....my favorite!! YAY again!!


We are going out for supper tonight, to our friend's home. They just bought a new smoker! so they are going to do a pork and have pulled pork sandwiches!! YUMMY!!


LUCKY ME!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!