Pages

27 Nov 2007

It's a Family Christmas!


Okay-- second verse, same as the first, a little bit louder and a little bit - well not so green!! LOL!


I am using the same layout as the previous cards, just different paper.

Same stamp set is featured - Papertrey Ink Holiday Wishes -a very easy stamp set to incorporated into your Christmas cards.


I was babysitting my little grandson (have I told you how cute he is.......) this morning and I made two cards while he was sleeping.

Not only does that tell you what a good boy he is (and he is), it also says how fast these layouts go!

This layout is so really quick and easy to put together! and I NEED it quick and easy since our next bazaar is less than 2 weeks away!!

Oh my - everytime I say that I get a little sick feeling in my gut!


I used Figgy Pudding paper from Basic Grey, because I wanted to go with turquoise and brown, because, this morning on Cityline ( a morning talk show in Canada) the designer, I forget her name - Debbie someone - said that turquoise is the big colour this year - so my cards HAVE to be able to sit up on your mantel!! LOL!!


Cut out the paper, ticket punch the corners with my Stamping UP ticket punch - love it, adhere all the pieces.

I stamped and embossed the sentiment in Versa Pine Cone - it is just not as dark of a brown as some stamps and I didn't want it to look black! punch all those corners and popped it up with some dimensionals.

Then I added the ribbon and brads and it was done. I may still sponge some turquoise or white around the brown background, because it kind of looks blank - yes blank.....



This card is also featuring the Papertrey Ink Holiday Wishes stamp set and Figgy Pudding paper.

I added some stickles to the little snowflakes (or stars - what do YOU see?) That stamp is from Art Impressions.


I had some wide white ribbon from Walmart that was just too harsh so I ran a bead of glue down the center and laid the itsy bitsy teeny weeny little brown ribbon down the center to make a striped ribbon....that would have been easier using the glue in a tape roll or a glue pen but why go easy??! (because I didn't think of that at the time....!!!)

Well, blogger can't upload my pictures so when they are available I will post them! - finally.....


Well, hubby took my daughter to math class today and whoever goes to the city gets to (has to) bring home supper!! YIPPEE!!


LUCKY ME!!


1 comment:

  1. Very cute. I like both cards. I so have to get me some figgy pudding paper. I love it!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!