Pages

15 Nov 2007

Transparency Cards

These cards are sooooo easy to make and REALLY fun!! It was neat to try to do something so very cool and not to get my fingerprints all over it!


I wasn't really planning on using transparency to layer over this card but it seemed to lend to it after I started double stamping.


Using my Inkadinkadoo stamp set "Holiday Swirls" I stamped the main image in Versamagic Chalk Ink Aegean Blue then embossed it with holographic embossing powder. You can't really see that in the photo but it is REALLY pretty!! I sponged around the outside with Versamagic Chalk Ink Aspen Mist, then layered it on some metallic blue cardstock.



The base of my card is paper from Papertrey Ink (y'all know how I feel about that paper - LUV IT!) which is so luvingly heavy and perfect for card bases. I stamped the swirls (Inkadinkado) and snowflakes from Hampton Art Stamps and Art Impressions in Aegean Blue and then restamped overtop and kind of to the side (clear as mud?) in Aspen Mist.



Then I adhered my image on top and thought I was finished! But the more I kept looking at it - I knew it needed something else. I left my stamping room and came back later (after all those wifely duties etc.!! LOL!!) and just knew what I wanted to do with that card!


I cut the transparency to fit over top of the card and laid it on top. Then, using StazOn Cotton White ink I stamped the swirls again once more overtop and kind of to the side. A couple of eyelets later - then it was done!


There are a lot of shadows in this photo, which is so easy to do with transparency cards. The lighting has to be just right and since I don't live in a studio!! Man, I tried.....


My second card is just pure transparency......after getting along okay with the first one I thought I would go whole hog and do a whole transparency card!!
Nichole from Papertrey Ink has a SUPER DUPER card on her website and I was humbly inspired by her to try this one.......


Measure a piece of transparency 8 1/2" by 5 1/2" and score in the middle at 4 1/4". I stamped my snowflake stamps from Art Impressions and Hampton Art Stamps with StazOn Cotton White Ink on the front of the card.

Using my round scalloped nestability (is it singular?! LOL!) I cut out 4 circles and attached them with clear pop dots. Make sure you line them up perfectly or it will be - well - not good!!

I stamped the sentiment inside with a Holiday Wishes stamp from Papertrey Ink

As you can see - it is very hard to take a photograph because of all the shadows and glares and flares etc. but it is really pretty!!

Have to go and clean up the kitchen, make the beds, do the laundry, think of something for lunch....but first....I should make a few cards....LOL!!

LUCKY ME!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!