Pages

19 Feb 2009

WT206 You Superstar you!!

Ways to Use STRIPES today - YAY!

I love stripes and it also can make a quick card
with barely any thinking - is that good or not?! I dunno.........maybe not.........Well I had the Splitcoast Fan Club sketch this month so it made it fairly easy also!!

This is my second run at the fan club. I renewed my subscription because that Dirty Dozen has so much going on for them. A lot of inspiration is to be gleaned from there and lots of fun challenges too!! I don't do the challenges all the time but if I can, I try to do them.

And you get to look through their gallery and hope something rubs off.....anything....soak up all that goodness!!


I pulled out my K & Company Wild Saffron paper - rather an old designer paper but I still love it and hardly ever use it.

It just so happens that I did see some chipboard embellishments at the JawMart that were also Wild Saffron, so I bought them because "they" said I had to.

I stamped the AlphaNumber backgrounder onto Memory Box Meadow cardstock in Versamagic Tea Leaves.

Then I stamped the main image, that cute little inchworm from Kim Hughes Stamp set Making the Grade onto Papertrey Ink stamper select white cardstock and coloured him with copics.

AT first I coloured him green but
he looked hideous I didn't like the way he looked so I went over him again with another "quite yellow" copic and it toned him down or spruced him up - something like that!!

The flowers and the superstar piece are both from the Wild Saffron chipboard. Using premade chipboard is starting to grow on me. I don't know if I like this trend or not because.........

I just finished my awesome online course with Tania Willis, making your own embellishments, and I learned so much - even how to use chipboard in different ways, so I should have been able to make my own embellishments!! ackckckck!!!!!!!!! dang it........

What is for supper?? Does anyone know? I see hubby got some butterfly pork chops out to thaw. What the heck is that supposed to mean? I supposed I have to do something with them now. I think I am a grump today.......I have NO reason on this planet to be a grump......so I am going to call it the February grumps.........babbling fool........


5 comments:

  1. OMG this is adorable!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, OMG, OMG!!! I love this card!!! Did I say I loved it because I do! the little worm and the rulers is incredible!!! Amazing!


    Smiles,
    Janna

    ReplyDelete
  3. This so cute! I love that yellowish green worm! Love the bright colors too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I definitely have the February grumps, although I'd prob use a different word to describe me LOL! You did a GREAT job w/ this card, OMG. I am stripe impaired, so this impresses me, my friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you used the top note here and that book worm is colored great and is adorable!!!! I love this card and the bright colors Bonnie!!!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!