Pages

23 Aug 2009

Up , Up & Away!

It's time for another Hope Stamps Eternal Cupcake Inspiration Challenge! Of course you do NOT have to use cupcakes.....the idea is just be inspired by the cupcakes photo!!

Everyone is invited to play along and if you do, be sure to link your creation to Mr. Linky on the
HSE blog.

Every week, Rachel highlights the top 5!! Congrats to last week's Top Picks, who are posted on
this post . If you upload to SCS or PCP, be sure to use keyword: CIC21.

Here is the wonderful inspiration photo of the cupca
kes this week - isn't it yummy?!!



And here is how I was inspired....that hot air balloon pushed me over the edge and I knew I wanted to use this Basic Grey Lemonade paper (it's freakin' gorgeous!!) and with all the embellishments that go along - this card turned out wonderfully happy and fun!




I started by picking Mercy's fun sketch and made my card to suit both these challenges!

I used the hot air balloon image from Papertrey Ink'
s Everyday Button Bits and really, it is a cute set but I am such an anal (yes, anal) person, I had to go through all my buttons to find just the right size and colour and even now I am not sure about it.....but so it is anyway!

The beautiful pink rose and bling is by Zva Creative, and honestly,
I use Zva all the time, and absolutely adore it!

I lift up the swirly bling with my craft knife and then lay it down gently and push all the little twinkly pretties down nice and firm. I also like to cut up
my swirls, as I did for this card and then you really make use of it for a long time!!

I pulled some green leaves off of a Prima flower and then layered a white Prima Hydrangea flower on top and then my beautiful Zva rose on top of that!

Of course the scallops were made with my Stamping UP! scallop punch and then I added MORE Zva crystal twinklettes one by one onto the scallops. Using my Sakura Quickie glue pen I make a small dot on top of the scallop and then with my Quickutz picker upper thingy I adhere my little crystal pretties!!

Thanks for coming around and please do pop around to the other design team's blog to see how they were inspired by the gorgeous cupcake photo ;)!

Carolina - Carolina's Creative Pad
Rachel -
Hope Stamps Eternal
Colleen -
Glitter Ink
Michelle- Stop and Stamp the Roses

Tammy -
Stamp Happy
Natalie -
dougnat diaries
Jessica -
Shamrocks and Seashells
Kelli -
Yard Sale Kind of Luck


16 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, Bonnie! I love the flowers in the corner! I am trying so hard to resist that stamp set... stop twisting my arm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. bonnie...this is gorgeous! i love the bright and cheerful colors, and the buttons are just wonderful. i also love that layered flower accent...beautiful!

    thanks ofr playing along with my sketch for this week, and i hope to see you again next week! :)

    {{{hugs}}}
    mercy

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE it!!! The colors, swirl, buttons, flowers...everything is Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eek - love the buttons with the crystal swirls as accents...such a wonderful take on the inspiraiton piece - love it! Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is soooo ca-ute!! love that set from Papertrey and I think the buttons are perfect!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Terrific card...just love your color choices for this one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is crazy cute, Bonnie! I love your button hot-air balloons and the pretty colors. Great flower corner treatment, too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bonnie this is gorgeous. So bright, cheerful and classy looking. Love it. Thanks for playing along with the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Incredible! LOVE the colours & the way you used the bling. SOOOOOooooh pretty. That idea for the button stamp sets was ingenious & you ROCKed it! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great card - I love using the buttons!!! And the cupcakes make me want to bake...bad, but good, but bad...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh WOWZA! This card is fabulous! LOVE the colors and such a perfect set to use along with this cupcake inspiration challenge! Love all the bling!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a pretty card. I love the buttons as Hot Air Balloons and that flower on the side is a wonderful touch.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is wonderful all with bright and lively colors!And I love those cupcakes!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is beautiful!! I love that PTI set and I think the buttons you chose look perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I LOVE this card! So pretty and such yummy colors!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!