Pages

13 Sep 2009

Argggghhh....and your booty too!

Smiley from millan.net

Did you kno
w that September 19th is "International Talk Like a Pirate Day"?!

Hope Stamps Eternal is celebrating that day this weekend with our Inspirational Cupcake Challenge and we would love for you to play!!

Just make a card or create a page after being inspired by the Cupcake photo and upload your link to the Hope Stamps Eternal
blog! and here is the photo for this week......




Isn't it a swash-buckler?? Doesn't it shiver your timers??!! (enough already....)
Now everyone knows that Pirates like a good haul and they travel the seas looking for booty...Smiley from millan.net...well.......they found a gift card stocking holder and they LOVED it and they were satisfied!! (true story.....I swear.)





I found this wonderful booty....uhmm gift card holder/stocking template on Splitcoaststampers by Claire Brennan.

When you lift the flap there is a place that you can tuck in your gift card! Isn't that brilliant??


With all this pirate talk I got a little nervous and when I was sewing, I mistakenly sewed the flap shut (covered up nicely by pompom ribbon!) So I decided to just make a decoration.....which I LOVe by the way!

I used Daisy D's Christmas paper for the main part of the sock and used the Distressed Stripes Cuttlebug folder on the toe, heel and flap of the stocking...



The sentiment was stamped onto Kraft paper cut out with Spellbinders tags and then held in place by two buttons topped with Zva Creative Crystal Dots and they are sooooo blingy and sparkly and just like finding a treasure! See how it all ties in? Smiley from millan.net

Well, I hope you have enjoyed my different look at "International Talk like a Pirate Day" I don't want to have to walk the plank! Smiley from millan.net

Please take a look at the other matey's inspirations - they may have followed the rules a tad bit more than I did!

8 comments:

  1. Love it! How adorable! The embossing folder you used for the tip of the stocking, the heel, and the top border is just perfect! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey girl! This is super cute. I am LOVIN' that pom fringe! Cute idea for a card holder!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Arrrrrrr, Nice Bootie Mate!!! :D Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the booty!! and rules smules :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty!

    I just discovered this template this morning on SCS and downloaded it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It fits with the theme... it's the Pirate's Booty! Very cute idea, Bonnie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bonnie, this is fantastic!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your "booty" So cute

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!