Pages

26 Dec 2012

White on White Baptism


 




Good Day! I hope that you have had a wonderful Christmas celebration with family and/or friends - I know I did!

This month's Papertrey Ink Blog Hop theme is white on white.

I have had baby on the brain lately as my son and his wife are expecting their first child the first week in January - we are so excited!! I can hardly contain myself!

I decided to make a baby card - I think this is a great idea for a baptism or christening!


I used the Baby Onesie die from the Papertrey Ink Shape Up Series to make my card. I cut it once for the front of the card....and then again for the base of the card......and then only part of it - for the vellum....

I stamped the sentiment from Bitty Baby Blessings with Versamark Ink and embossed it using fine filigree white embossing powder.

I ran the top part of the onesie through the Picnic Plaid Impression Plate and then added the vellum with a piece of score tape. Using another piece of score tape, I adhered the ribbon.



I then tied a bow with the ribbon, added three Prima flowers and then added some Stickles to the flowers!

The last step was to attached the bow with flowers to the card - I always use my glue gun for this part - I don't want the bow falling off!

Thanks for coming around today - now I am off to visit the other Hoppy participants!!

Pin it

23 comments:

  1. How precious! The white on white is just perfect for a baby card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great idea for a baby card. Your vellum is such a great touch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my word, this is just too sweet ... love the embossed top and what a perfect sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! This is beautiful Bonnie! Perfect for a baptism card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So precious and elegant, Bonnie! Love the texture, vellum embossing, and touches of sparkly "snaps!" Wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats, couldn't be a sweeter card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We did have "great minds" this time, Bonnie! Although I have to say that your baby outfit looks like it came from Holt Renfrew and mine, well, not mine! I love the sensational detail, especially the vellum and the sweet sparkly buttons!! All the best with the new baby - it won't be long now! Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  8. Darling baptism card! Love the embossing and the ribbon and the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Then don't contain yourself, congratulations!! Your card is so so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bonnie you have no idea how much I love your beautiful baby card. Its so elegant and the sentiment is so beautiful! Love the flowers and the satin ribbon. Wonderful!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is so very lovely, Bonnie. Congrats on the soon-to-be new grandbaby.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this Bonnie, very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow what a beautiful baby card. - Irma

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love, love, love the vellum layer!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful. Love the contrast of the plaid texture and the smooth vellum.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! This card is beautiful and I am sure be a treasured part of someone's baby book.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a beautiful baby card! I love how neat and perfect it looks!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is gorgeous! I love the embossing on the top half of the card!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is so beautiful! I love all the details you added! So excited for you to have a new little miracle on its way to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  20. so so pretty! a beautiful baby card!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh, just adorable ~ love all of the details! Congratulations on another new Grandchild soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!