Pages

12 Apr 2016

Create Together with Marcie Sharp

Woohoo!  Today I am getting crafty with my daughter Marcie, who has a monthly feature called 



Here is how it all started - in Marcie's words…..

"I wish I could sit around a table with my crafty friends, drink a big ol' glass of wine (or whatever suits your fancy!) and make cards with them and all of you! 
Since that's often geographically impossible, I thought I'd try reaching out and do some fun cardmaking collaborations virtually. 

For however long there is interest, I am joining up with some amazing cardmakers and we're challenging each other JUST FOR FUN to get crafty. "

Such a fun concept - don't you think?  .and actually, it IS geographically possible for the two of us to make cards together - she lives right across the field!  We didn't craft together for this collaboration -  we didn't want to influence the other!  (Which is kind of funny when you see her card!)

I picked a mood board for Marcie and I to be inspired by - a beautiful spring array with glorious shades of pinks, purples, blues and yellows - anything spring-y- I'm dying for spring in these parts - hopefully this will get the Mother Nature ball rolling. (?)



I loved every single one of these photos, but I chose to be inspired by the bottom middle.  The draped Wisteria just pulls me in and makes me think magical fairy tales and forests.




I began by sponging Lovely Lady, Aquamist and Winter Wisteria inks onto a 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" sheet of white cardstock.

I added a piece of very eloquently ripped patterned paper for a little hill on which to pop up my sweet Reverse Confetti Unicorn, from Unicorn Wishes.

The draped forest was made by die cutting Cas-ual Fridays Casual Trees Fri-Dies and sparkling them - and everything - with my clear Wink of Stella brush - such a beautiful shine!!  It is difficult to see but - since you asked - I took a close-up of that fabulous shimmer!!




Take a peek over at Marcie's blog to see how she was totally inspired by my mood board and why I laughed out loud when I saw her creation!!

2 comments:

  1. Fantastic card Bonnie, I think it is very interesting that you both chose the purple to work with. Like mother--like daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! It's so fun and whimsical. I can't believe we chose the same photo to work with ;) Thanks for playing along with me!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!