Pages

30 Sept 2007

Hitchedafellabella and SIYJ

My hairdresser got married yesterday so in her honour, I made a card!.

Hitchedafellabella is so cute in her beautiful dress with the man of her dreams!! And Fella!! Well.....he is just too handsome!!

I stamped them in black ink on white cardstock, then coloured her in with my luvely little Tombow Markers. She is so chic with her beautiful sky blue wedding dress which matches his bowtie! She is carrying lilac and pink roses with my pink souffle pen used on the pink flowers!? These pens don't really pop up- literally- like I thought they would, but the colour is gorgeous and very bright!


I used superfine glitter on her veil - but it is hard to tell with the picture -and white diamond Stickle on the bottom of her dress and her necklace.

I used my brand new ticket punch (yay!) on the corner of the image and on the back ground and then backed them on pink cardstock with metallic brads to anchor it down. The whole thing is mounted on DCWV Pocket Full of Posies glitter paper-this is BEAUTIFUL paper and very heavy making it perfect for card usage!!


I found a scrap of "specialty paper" (I call it) in my scrap drawer (which my daughter M helped me organize - thank you) so I glued it in between the background and image. It is such a gorgeous papaer, as you can see, and almost an opalescent sheen to it. It matched perfectly so I snatched it up!


I took the same beautiful opal paper and embossed the wedding bells from my Cuttlebug embossing folder on it and punched it out with my new circle punch - that I got at the Sarnia Scrapbook Show and Sale I was at last week end (not the Scrapbook show in London this weekend!!)


I put the links in for you and although it is too late to go to these shows this year, natch, you can look it up for next year. They were both excellent shows and I highly recommend them. The fact that those are the only two shows I have been to should not influence your decision to attend, at all!!! :P


I bought some pink hollyhock ribbon (oh my goodness it is a gorgeous colour) from the Close to my Heart booth this weekend and it matched perfectly, so I tied it around Hitchafellabella and VOILA! card done and kind of elegant at that!


I have to tell you about the cutest stamp I bought this weekend at the Stamp Show from a booth called Class Act Stamps. It says"If you think I'm cheap 'cause I made this card, You've never bought a rubber stamp" How true is that??!! I don't know where I will use it, but I HAD to have it!! Maybe on the back of a card.....

Well I am going in my very first SIYJ challenge today with my Paper Pretties group - well not mine specifically - I am very nervous about it..... :o

The idea is to do one card per hour for three hours!!! Really!!

I mean, I am so anal, that I take hours-- sometimes DAYS to finish ONE card.....well, only because it has to be perfect so I have to change the ribbon and then redo the colours and then buy matching paper because 7,540 sheets of patterned paper in my stockpile are not enought to choose from, and retie the ribbon and call my daughter M and see if she has brads to match and on and on and AGHGHHH! I drive myself crazy just talking about it!

Oh well, I will just suck it up and try it out.....it may be my last HAHAHA!!

Went to a Perch and Chicken finger dinner last night with hubby. When I got home from the scrapbook show I was beat, so he said he would take me out and surprise!! I love perch and I definitely LOVE chicken fingers (I didn't tell him that we had a late lunch at Kelsey's and I had chicken fingers there too!) and this meal was fantastic!! All the perch and chicken fingers you could eat, buns, homemade french fries, coleslaw, tons of veggy trays. It was delicious!!

Thank goodness, there was no dessert...I was ready to blow up as it was!!

Scrapbook Sale and supper out.......LUCKY ME!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!