Pages

26 Sept 2007

Penguins and Feelabella!!

Just trying to get into the Christmas mood with my penguin stamp!!

I really love this penguin rubber stamp and never used it last year and (gasp!) even tried to sell it but thank goodness it didn't sell (imagine THAT!) I waffled back and forth as to whether this card would turn out or not and now I DO like it!! I really DO!!

I stamped the penguin stamp from Art Impressions in black ink on white cardstock, then coloured it in with my tombow markers.

The poor little guys looked a little bland so I broke open a Making Memories special effects kit with glaze, pearl, and glitter!! I LoVE glitter! I pearlized their hats and then used the glitter on the black part of the penguin and the scarves and sled.

Then I just chalked all around them in sky blue which makes the penguins look like they have more depth - and I truly believe penguins need depth. HAHA!! Then I mounted them on red, turquoise and sunflower cardstock.

For the card part I stamped my snowflake background stamp from "The Artful Stamper" in versamark and embossed it with my Ranger Puffs. I really didn't like the way that turned out -it kind of turned out an off-white and I probably wouldn't use the puffs again because it is really gritty -maybe I didn't do it correctly. So I tried painting over the whole card with the specialty glaze from Making Memories and it left a mess that would not dry and it really wrinkled up the paper so I left it under a pile of scrapbooking magazines for 2 days and THEN it dried and worked out all right -whew...

I glued the penguins on the card and they wouldn't stick - maybe because of the glaze so I had to use adhesive strips and even they are a bit dicey it does look a little loppy!....I am wondering about superglue! I really think the glaze is not glue-upon-able (new word)
I tied some American elements ribbon on and some Rob and Bob snaps to finish it off!! The snaps actually are gold and red and DO match the
ribbon colour although in the picture it doesn't look like it.
The second card is the Feelabella that I gave my mother. She forgives all the little stuff when I am in a hurry. Sometimes I try to throw together a card at the last minute, and thank goodness it was for my mom because she thought it was BEAUTIFUL!!

Anyway, I stamped her in black ink on white paper and coloured her with the tombows. Since mom had her cataracts removed, I made the card very bright with oranges and blues. She said "I'm not going blind ya know !!" Ha Ha!!

Well I covered the flowers on the bedspread in acrylic just for a different thing to do (I kind of experiment on mom's cards too!!) and the kleenex box. I used white gel pen on the kleenex.

Then I doodled around the edges and mounted her on blue cardstock which I ripped off at the bottom for a kind of rough edge - since she is sick and all.

I stamped the sentiment and doodled around it and glued it on blue cardstock also. I cut stripes of patterned cardstock so that it would look like ribbon and glued it across the bottom of the bella and the sentiment and popped it on with some pop dots.

The orange card I embossed with the CUTTLEBUG (I LOVE THAT THING!!) hearts embossing folder. I had a scrap of orange ribbon that I plopped on there for the finishing touch!!

Oh yes, since it was cataracts she had removed took some bling and stuck them on the eyes just for laughs!! hee hee hee!
I really do have the greatest mom!! LUCKY ME!!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!