Pages

8 Oct 2007

Happy Thanksgiving Canada!

Well, I survived the double birthday party, I mean I didn't have to do anything except show up! However, sometimes even that seems to be a chore! It was very fun and they LUVVED their cards (whew) I worry about that!

Thanksgiving for us yesterday on hubby's side. Beautiful hot day and they food was outrageous!! I took baked beans (out of a can and into the crockpot-doctor them up a bit and fantastic!!) and of course there was turkey with all the trimmings, squash, mashed potatoes, gravy, lovely treat (our pet name for broccoli, cheese and rice casserole!) and of course pie, pie,PIE!! and to top it off, hubby's mom made homemade ice cream!! Oh My GAWD!! It was so good and fattening!
Daughter, M, wanted to go around the table and have everyone to say what they were thankful for, which is always fun to hear. Old folks, middle age and young kids always have completely different things eg. old folks - health; middle age - family; teens - good friends! It's all good!

Another Thanksgiving today on my mom's side, so on my way to take leftover beans and bean salad !! My son is a vegan so I have to try to take something he can eat!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!