Pages

1 Oct 2007

I won !! I won!!

Hey!! I won a challenge on Paper Pretties!! Holy Cow!! I just got the e-mail and now I am going to get some goodies sent to me!! I am so excited!! It was the challenge of the week when we had to incorporate office supplies into our card. Check out my Hip Hip Hooray post!!

**Edit: Well -- I got pretty caught up in the win and was VERY remiss in not sharing this glory with Jackie who was the co-winner with me in this challenge! Oh my gosh, she had the cutest card made in the shape of a file folder!! AND it had chocolate desserts on it!! Anyway, I am trying to make light of the fact that I didn't mention her, but I really should have said I was a co-winner and I apologize for not doing so.





I went over to my daughter M's this afternoon to stamp and make cards. I take my totally cool Tote with me, loaded to the gills with my supplies. Sometimes I think I need two of them. (hee hee).


And my little grandson J stood by himself for about a minute!! He has never done that before!! Well, it might not have been a whole minute-maybe like a nano-second, but I knew!! and then he slowly sunk to the floor by himself ....so he is on his way... (oh great)


Well I have made my decision about my Christmas cards this year! Who wouldn't just love to get "warm hugs" in the mail. This stamp is from Stamping Bella and they are soooo cute, just standing there hugging each other!! I love it because you are looking from the top down!

Edited to add: I knew I saw the creator of this snowman stamp on one of the blogs and I tried to go back through my history to find the blog where I read it but there are too darn many!! I need to cut down on the blogging!! Anyway, now I can give credit where credit is due!! She just happened to post a comment on my SCS gallery, HOW NEAT IS THAT!! Her name is Julia Stainton and you can catch her work at http://www.bellepapier.blogs.splitcoaststampers.com/


I ran my aqua cardstock through the Cuttlebug with the snowflake embossing folder (don't you just luv it!!) I took a piece of white paper and punched out a scalloped circle with my giga punch from Paper Pretties then stamped the image on my circle. I coloured them with my tombows and outlined the scallops with my sakura glitter pen.(LUV 'em!)




I cut out an extra snowbuddy and popped him out on the image, then took my paper piercer and pierced each scallop. I stamped "warm hugs" on white paper and glued it on the same colour then added brads and popped him out on the bottom of the card. Easy-peasy!!

Cosmo-lady is too funny!!
I have had her for awhile and just never had the proper sentiment. She is from Inky Antics and the cutest little thing. It looks like she is holding on for dear life!!
Well, I was cruising River City Rubber Works, the other day and this sentiment came up on the screen, so I HAD to have it! They have tons of sentiments that are so funny!! This one is perfect. It is a Kay Foley stamp from River City Rubber Works.

She was very simple really.

Both stamps are so big that you need a big card (IMO) so that is what I did.
I filled in her drink with my green souffle pen and Stickled her bubbles with lime green stickles - tombowed the rest of her and glued them on their backgrounds, added ribbons and brads and she was done!
I wish I could have done cards this fast for the SIYJ night...hahahaha!!!


Well, I have to go and call EVERYBODY I know to tell them I won a challenge!! They love me so they will be happy!

Math class tomorrow with daughter H, so probably no cards tomorrow! She has math for two hours at the Kinsmen centre so maybe I will go to the SLOTS!! and win money!!

LUCKY ME!!



2 comments:

  1. Yea for you!!! Congrats on winning all those goodies! Your cards are adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!