Pages

4 Oct 2007

Think Pink with Causabella!!

Daughter M works at the local library and she asked me to do up a card regarding Breast Cancer, so she could pretty up their donation box.
So I knew right away, exactly what card to use........ Causabella of course!!

A wonderful stamp by Stamping Bella that raises awareness perfectly! This stamp is so versatile, because you can colour the ribbon any colour, whether it be for breast cancer, ovarian cancer, prostate cancer....you name it, that darn stuff is out there and we need to GET RID OF IT!!.

Okay now, settle down......hey, how did those pink M&M's get there? Oh well, they won't be there for long ;) !!

Well, this pretty girl was stamped in black ink and watercoloured with my tombow markers. I really don't do watercolouring justice, but follow the link to this tutorial by Christie Ortman from Paper Pretties. It describes it perfectly and she makes it sound sooo easy! I 'm sure with a lot of practice....um hm....

I coloured the ribbon with pink tombow and then ran my Ziggy glue pen all over it and sprinkled Making Memories Scrapbook Glitter on top. Then you just tap it off back onto the tray that is included with the glitter (I bought it in a 6-pack with a tray) and then pour it back into the container!! EASY-PEASY!

Stamping Bella's "think pink" stamp was inked on and the whole thing was mounted on paper from Basic Grey's Perhaps paper pack (say that 3 times fast!!), then mounted again on DCWV glitter paper from their Pocket Full of Posies Pack!!

The background was from DCWV mat stacks and ran through the Cuttlebug. Then I tied it with a ribbon from Close to My Heart (scrapbook show - tee hee!) and added some pretty pink brads that I got from Lasting Impressions and VOILA!! all done!!
Now, since I did that through our supper hour, guess who gets to clean up the mess, (not MY mess you see!)
LUCKY ME!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!